News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

From the Fire Mountain (Sign Up)

Started by BrookSkimmer, December 28, 2015, 10:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

I miss role playing! Therefore, a new thread I shall make!

Basically a group of hares form the Long Patrol are given a mission by the badger lord to take out a patrol. Nothing too fancy, just some character building. You don't need to make long posts, just make posts that move things along please :)

The premise will be my character leading the patrol and possibly helping to train some new recruits that are on the patrol. Please sign up as either a seasoned patroller or a green recruit. Hopefully we will get enough of both!

Please sign up below using the format provided with the character you would like to play. If not a hare then needs to be a beast that can move with the Long Patrol.

Don't sign up for the badger lord please!

Name:
Species:
History:

Accepted characters thus far:

Brigadier Tichus Longleap (Brookskimmer)
Coraltooth (Groddil)
Private Jacklyn Shortears (Groddil)
Dipper McSkippy Bobtail  (Ashleg)
Lane (LT Sandpaw)
Larn (LT Sandpaw)

Vilu Daskar

Is it some hares patrolling or hares taking out another patrol?
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

BrookSkimmer

Name: Brigadier Tichus Longleap

Species: Hare

Character Description:

Tichus is a jovial chap, given for rambling on and being a basic hare. He is trained in the deadly arts of combat and is an esteemed member of the Long Patrol. Most hares look to him as a leader and he is well respected in the community of the mountain.

He is a mostly rusty red color, with black on the extremities including forearms, lower legs, and ears. He keeps his fur sleek and well groomed. The hare wears the garments of the patrol including a deep green campaign jacket with golden buttons, black pantaloons, and leather wrapping around his lower legs and footpaws. He is also taken with wearing a black strip of fabric around his head that is tied in the back.

He carries a long saber across his back. The hare is deadly in the use of the blade.

History:

Tichus was born to seasoned Long Patrollers. His mother is responsible for his skills with the blade. The one he now carries once belonged to her. His father never returned from a parley with a group of sea rats that ended in a bloody battle instigated by the vermin. Tichus was raised in the ways of the warrior and continued the reputation of his parents by rising through the ranks of the patrol to his current position. He can frequently be found training new recruits.

BrookSkimmer

@Vilu: Hares patrolling... I made an update to my first post.

Vilu Daskar

Thanks, I'll probably put up a character later.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Groddil

Name: Coraltooth
Species: Ferret
Character Description and History: A very mysterious ferret that washed up on the seashore many seasons ago, Coraltooth proved invaluable as a tracker, even if he had to be kept on a tight leash by the long patrol. Some say the problems outweight the benefits, but still, Coraltooth is one of the best trackers Salamandastron has ever seen. Despite his fame (or infamy), the ferret harbours dark resentment unseen beneath his mysterious shell. He wears a simple grey tunic with a sharkskin belt, and his fur is lighter than most ferrets, almost blonde.

2nd Character (Only if we're allowed two, if not, ignore)
Name: Private Jacklyn Shortears.
Character description and History: Jacklyn, born and bred at Salamandastron, was raised her whole life to be a fighter in the Long Patrol. She had been granted her weapon, a rapier made by some visiting shrews matched to her size, only to discover her new position was "Ferret Handler." Needless to say, Jacklyn isn't too happy about tending Coraltooth, and almost wishes he'd go and run into some kind of trap while scouting ahead so that she could do some real fighting. She wears a light yellow Long Patrol "Prison Guard" tunic, which she also dislikes, thinking that somewhere, there's a badger lord or colonel who really has it out for her. She has brown fur with mottled white patches down her arms and legs, and (obviously) short ears.

EDIT: Really sorry, but it turns out I wont be able to take part in this. It looks pretty fun, but ill be on holiday for 2 weeks. Someone else can have my characters if they want.

EDIT: Since the RP hasn't moved too far forwards, I think I can actually use my characters.

Ashleg

Name: Dipper McSkippy Bobtail (friends call him Skippy)
Character Description and History: Skippy is a young, happy-go-lucky, and friendly hare that's always eager to lend a paw, no matter how dangerous the situation may be...as long as he doesn't have to go alone, that is. Although he wasn't born in Salamandastron, he was raised there and he couldn't like it more. Although a recruit for the Long Patrol, Skippy is dressed simply and doesn't care if he has to wear a uniform or not. His usual garb consists of a dark green cloak and a belt for his sword. And his fur is a sandy tan color--all except for his ears, which are a dark chocolate brown.
As of now, although he tries hard, Skippy is absolutely horrible with his sword due to being clumsy.
He would rather settle an argument by having an eating contest than with weapons, anyway.

LT Sandpaw

Is there a limit to characters?

Also would you rather my characters were recruits or seasoned patrollers?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

BrookSkimmer

@Sandpaw:

Character limit is whatever you think you can reasonably play in a simple thread about a scouting patrol. ;)

Also, I'd like to stay away from adding more "vermin" type characters aside from Coraltooth.

I'm good with which you want.

Lady Amber

This sounds fun! I'll think about joining.

BrookSkimmer

I'll be making the thread for this in a couple days :) Everyone feel free to join in whenever you want!

LT Sandpaw

Name: Larn Billdery Longstep
Character Description: While a hardworking a capable creature Larn is a bit slow on the uptake. He also talks with a slight lisp that got him teased by a few of the other leverets during his youth. Slightly clumsy and small Larn finds it difficult to keep up with the other hares, both in speech and ability. He has a twin sister Lane who he adores and by whose side he usually stays.

Larn is small for a male hare but is still capable and ravenous. He has a soft gray coloring with a single black ear. He wears a simple yellow, recruits uniform and carries a arming sword as his assigned weapon. He is still in the learning phase and doesn't have much talent in wielding anything other than a spoon.

History: Son of a successful Salamandastron Lieutenant big things were expected from Larn. However as he grew older it was clear those expectations would never be met. Weaker, smaller, and not nearly as clever as other leverets his age it was actually expected Larn would die at a young age. However he pulled though, but at a much slower pace then the other leverets his age. Larn was allowed to become a recruit with the Long Patrol only by his father's string pulling.

Name: Lane Billdery Longstep
Character Description: Something about Lane points to future officer material, and she knows it. She is responsible, rule following pretty young hare whose natural talent and popularity has made her well known around Salamandastron. Only one things seems to be standing in her way of making a solid impression on her instructors. Her twin brother Larn.

While she tolerates his constant presence and smirks the other young hare's throw her way as Larn follows her around like a dog, Lane feels she is attached to a anchor that is dragging her down.

Lane is a tall and slim young hare. Looking remarkably like her brother with sandy brown fur. However she has a few black markings as well. She wears a blue recruits uniform and because she is her parents favorite she inherited her father's fencing saber which she is slightly competent with.

History: Born and raised a march hare Lane, unlike her brother Larn, showed almost immediately she was far ahead. Physically and mentally. Her father seeing great potential put her though early military training hoping one day she would become a officer like himself. Lane herself seemed to step up to the challenge doing extra physical exercises, and learning to put herself ahead. Remaining focused even at a early age. She was accepted as a recruit into the Long Patrol with ease and she hopes to one day make it into officer training.

BrookSkimmer

Ok, I'm putting the thread up :) See you guys there!

LT Sandpaw

Lady Amber

Name: Rosalee Woodscut

Character Description: Rosalee is rather clumsy, although she always means to do well. She's helpful and kind, but a bit mischievous. She gets quite angry when others are mean to her or anyone else. Her fur is sand-colored, and she wears a blue recruit tunic with a brown belt and sheath with a sword in it.

History: Rosalee has lived in Salamandastron with her family all her life. She has a younger sister, and an older brother.