News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Star Trek

Started by Søren, December 14, 2015, 05:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

Ok, we needed a Star Trek topic.

Now, as you may well know, the trailer for the third movie in the new remakes, Star Trek Beyond, has been released.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRVD32rnzOw
Here's my comments:
I'm glad that Star Trek is coming back, and I'll absolutely watch it. Except this director, Fin, he did the Fast & Furious movies. And I can't say that this trailer is all that I'd hoped. It's not Star Trek enough. Into Darkness was a fantastic movie. So was Star Trek (2009). This will probably be too, but it just doesn't seem to be the same.
I'm not writing this movie off completely, but I think I'd be a lot more excited for it if J.J. Abrams was doing it.
I hope the next trailer we'll understand this whole thing a little bit more.

I'm retired from the forum

CaptainRocktree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPuUiENIuPI  ;D

I've actually never seen any of the Star Trek movies, But I've heard there good. How many movies are there?
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Søren

If you count the original movies and the remakes together, this will be the 13th. Besides the 6 TV shows, and the upcoming one in 2017.
People trying to get into it would probably start with the 2009 movie, then Into Darkness. The remakes.

Rosie Willowwater

I'm currently am watching the first episode of the first... show. Is there any specific way you're supposed to watch them?

Søren

Do you mean the episodes of the Original Series, or the shows themselves?

Rosie Willowwater

Søren

The original series takes place well before the other shows (except Star Trek Enterprise, which is a prequel (that also wasn't a very good show IMHO))) After that, its best to watch the shows in order from Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and finally Voyager. In the Star Trek universe, DS9 starts 4 years into Next Generation's seven year run. Then, Voyager starts 2 years into Deep Space Nine's seven year run. So that's the timeframe to work with :P

Rosie Willowwater

UNKN0WN

You looking forward to Star Trek Discovery?

Lady Ashenwyte

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

I love it.  Need to watch it a bit more, though, haven't watched it in a while.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Søren

@Unknown More hyped then possible! :D
@Lord_Ashenwyte Awesome! It's great!

Ashleg

Star Trek is like the space Harry Potter.

Hickory

No, it isn't. Not at all.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

What does that even mean?