News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Wylder's Redwall Music

Started by Wylder Treejumper, February 10, 2016, 12:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

These look cool, Pockets. It makes no sense to me, but I'll bet they sound really nice.

Lady Ashenwyte

You can play them with a clarinet, right? These could be a fun project.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Wylder Treejumper

Absolutely. Although, for some reason I can't access Dann's Traveling Song... I'll have to reupload it.

I'll probably post a few more on here soon. I have at least one marching song with a tune all worked out. Thankfully, the songs are short and simple (and usually fairly repetitive), so composing a catchy tune is pretty easy. It's almost similar to writing folk songs.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Captain Tammo

These are awesome, Wylder!!!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Skyblade

Soooo late :P

I would like to see more of these, Wylder! Thanks for posting 'em :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Brinty

Nice, it would be even better with cords.
Frodo: "Sam you must understand I'm going alone"
Sam: "Of course you are, and I'm coming with you!"

Hook: "Come on peter pan fly to the rescue and I'll shoot you right through your noble intentions!"

Bard: "You have no right, no right to enter that mountain!"
Thorin: "I have thee only right.

Wylder Treejumper

All right, new upload! This one is Comin' Home, from the Triss. It took me FOREVER because of tricky rhythms, but I finally buckled down, and here it is. Not perfect, perhaps, but enough for you to get the idea.

Also: working on adding midi files so's you can hear them.
EDIT: Done! Audio now provided, albeit of a REALLY bad quality.

@Brinty: I don't know much about chords... I can see, but if anyone else wants to do it I'm fine!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Brinty

Good job, Triss is one of my favorite books.
Frodo: "Sam you must understand I'm going alone"
Sam: "Of course you are, and I'm coming with you!"

Hook: "Come on peter pan fly to the rescue and I'll shoot you right through your noble intentions!"

Bard: "You have no right, no right to enter that mountain!"
Thorin: "I have thee only right.

Wylder Treejumper

It's actually a really bad version, rhythmically- the song should fit neatly into 4/4, and it does when I sing it- but for some reason I couldn't make it work. I plan on releasing a revised version, once I can figure out what is wrong.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Scott McLamok

Yeah Do you got more songs wylder
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Wylder Treejumper

Well, coming back to this. I'll try to do more composition in the future. I'll have to redownload my composition software, at the least!
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

The Skarzs

What software do you use?

Also, hi. You've been away.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

MuseScore. And yeah, I'm in a sort of semi-retirement. I'm just... worn out. I've got a lot of things going on, important things, and I just don't have a lot of energy for this, anymore. I was even going to compete in the Extravaganza, but never got around to it. Oh, well. :-\
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington