News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Least Memorable Book

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, February 21, 2016, 05:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

Since there are a bunch of books in the Redwall series, there will be ones you like and dislike. What about ones you remember and don't really remember?

My least memorable book is probably Salamandastron. The villain was alright, and the tactics of it all seemed weak. Plus, I can't remember what happened at the Abbey at all. Even when I read the book I didn't really like it.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Ashleg

I'm in the middle of Triss and I think I'm probably going to forget what happened in it in a few months after finishing it...Just, nothing about it sticks out to me.

Also, I found Martin the Warrior pretty forgettable, but that's just my opinion.

Cornflower MM

I'd have to say that book with the Sun. . . . Flash? Yeah, Sunflash. And the kestrel and Veil and Bryony and what's-his-name, the mole, is the least memorable book to my mind. The only thing that sticks out in my head is Scarlath and vaguely Nightshade. Also Doomwyte and Sable Queen, I don't remember much about them.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Banya

The least memorable for me was Eulalia!  I read it in 2010 and again in 2011 and the second time, exactly a year later, it was like I was reading a book I'd never read before.  I don't remember anything at all from The Sable Quean, either, which I read once, four years ago.  I only read Rakkety Tam once, and that was about ten years ago, so I don't remember a thing because the book didn't stand out to me.  Though I've read all of the others twice or more, I've forgotten a lot of the content of some them, like Marlfox and Outcast, but that's because it's been at least nine years since I read those last.

LT Sandpaw

This is a tough question, but I'll say either Eulalia or Triss both books seemed dead, and they dragged on. Though the real winner of forgettable Redwall books is definitely The one with the gems and birds, Birdwyte I think I almost couldn't finish it, and the enemy wasn't a threat, the Gonfflings made no sense, and the random otter protagonist whose name started with Z was plain boring, though the bad shrew Log-a-Log helps slightly but even that wasn't original because Marlfox had already done it.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Cornflower MM

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on February 21, 2016, 09:35:05 PM

This is a tough question, but I'll say either Eulalia or Triss both books seemed dead, and they dragged on. Though the real winner of forgettable Redwall books is definitely The one with the gems and birds, Birdwyte I think I almost couldn't finish it, and the enemy wasn't a threat, the Gonfflings made no sense, and the random otter protagonist whose name started with Z was plain boring, though the bad shrew Log-a-Log helps slightly but even that wasn't original because Marlfox had already done it.

Doomwyte. and when you put it like that., anything sounds bad. :P

Izeroth

For me, the least memorable Redwall book (that I've read, of course) is Loamhedge. Only a few scenes really stand out to me, and I can't recall the names of most of the main characters.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Izeroth on February 21, 2016, 11:05:32 PM
For me, the least memorable Redwall book (that I've read) is Loamhedge. Only a few scenes really stand out to me, and I can't recall the names of most of the main characters.

^^^ I'd forgotten about Loamhedge, and now you've brought it to my attention, I have to agree. I just remember Saro and Bragoon, the hotroot pepper thing, and these two spoilery bits:
Spoilers, duh
When the haremaid figured out she could walk, and Saro and Brag's deaths. That was to be Brian's most memorable death scene.
[close]

Captain Tammo

I loved each and every Redwall story in the series, but for whatever reason, I cannot remember nearly anything from Eulalia! and it kind of bugs me. What happened in that story? Even when I read the wiki I'm confused, lol. I do remember enjoying it, though!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Delthion

The Rogue Crew without a doubt. There was no battle, most of it was spent dealing with the development of a ship that would have been more intimidating if he had developed it using the whispers of a terrible construct, and the rumors of the woodlanders. The guy that was chosen by Martin was worthless, and there was no point to him.

Loamhedge was awesome. Period. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

While Loamhedge wasn't the best Redwall book I remember it had its moments. Which in turn makes it memorable.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jetthebinturong

I think Loamhedge is memorable because of its flaws. I'd probably say it was the worst.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Jet the binturong on February 22, 2016, 07:10:49 PM
I think Loamhedge is memorable because of its flaws. I'd probably say it was the worst.

Really? I thought Loamhedge was one of the best! Especially the fight scene at the end, like WOW that must have been the closest to crying I've ever been whilst reading. I didn't see the quest as pointless, I saw it as beautiful
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Hickory

Quote from: Capt. Leonardo V Williams on February 22, 2016, 08:57:09 PM
Quote from: Jet the binturong on February 22, 2016, 07:10:49 PM

Really? I thought Loamhedge was one of the best! Especially the fight scene at the end, like WOW that must have been the closest to crying I've ever been whilst reading. I didn't see the quest as pointless, I saw it as beautiful
Hmm, well, when I look back at that scene I think that the act of turning the log so the vermin fell to their deaths was a unnecessary action. They had the log bottlenecked, five of them could hold it for quite a long time, in my opinion.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.