News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Do you see yourself as a particular Redwall species? Why?

Started by W0NWILL, April 13, 2016, 03:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

Oh my gosh, you're right! ;D

Also Dotti Dillworthy. I really see myself in Dotti Dillworthy sometimes.

But I do prefer Mad Maudie as a character.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Krantor the Brutal

I kinda see myself as Tergen the goshawk from Raketty Tam, I get pretty stubborn at times. ::)
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Wylder Treejumper

Were I in Redwall, I would see myself as a squirrel, but I've been told I act more like a hare or an otter, depending on the circumstance.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

MeadowR

It would be nice to be a good wildcat or, perhaps, a squirrel. Squirrel personalities do vary a bit, so I'm sure I can liken myself to one in some way. I suppose, going by my name, I could also be rabbit-like, keeping much to myself and can get irritated easily at times.

When I first read the series, in my mind I felt quite a connection to the idea of being a hare. Their way of speech sticks in the head.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

When I first started the series I was convinced I was a rat.

I dunno.

It could still work but it's not as fitting as a (marten/weasel). Yeah. Still unsure.

...HYBRIDS RULE, EH?

Madison

I'm not one of these 'kin' or 'furry' types (I think they're called) but if some kind of reality bomb went off and we were all transported to the Redwall universe, I'd be a squirrel. :p Good guys but with the ability to be a little less strict to the hero's way, like Jukka or Felldoh. Sort of the Batman to the mice's Superman. :P

Wylder Treejumper

Nae need tae talk like that! One o' the best heroes in the entire series was Rakkety Tam McBurl- a squirrel, ye ken. ;D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Krantor the Brutal

"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

The Skarzs

Quote from: Ashleg on October 06, 2017, 05:45:38 PM
When I first started the series I was convinced I was a rat.

I dunno.

It could still work but it's not as fitting as a (marten/weasel). Yeah. Still unsure.

...HYBRIDS RULE, EH?
Ehhhhhh no.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Krantor the Brutal

Ashleg

Bleach, Wearet, no, but maybe he was just an anomaly. Ashleg rambles about his characters here, if that annoys you, well, here's a spoiler:
Spoiler
I have a character who IS in fact a Wearet. He's runty and oblivious to everything and prone to sickness (because that is sometimes a real thing that happens to hybrids, that for some reason Brian never touched on. Weak immune systems.) But even so he's every bit as normal as an average ferret.

We saw one Wearet in the 22-book series.

They are extremely rare.

Surely, if another one was to spawn, it could have a difference in personality and behavior--as again, we saw only one and can infer by being kept at Marshank for who-knows-how-long he simply lost all sanity.
[close]

Wearat, sure. Razzid was cool.

Jetthebinturong

There were two wearets. None of them were held in Marshank. One was the slavemaster in the Kingdom of Malkarris. The other was Karanjul the gorge dude.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Ashleg

Argh, that's right, I meant Malkariss!

Karanjul was in what book?

Jetthebinturong

*Shudders* Loamhedge. So I guess I don't blame you for forgetting about him.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan