Really Obscure Characters

Started by Blaggut, May 21, 2016, 06:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

Post here about those obscure characters that you liked or got your imagination going. The ones who merely got mentioned or whose presence lasted only a page or two.
~Just a soft space boi~

Dotti Dillworthy

My notable ones at that moment are the hares Windpaw, Bart Thistledown, Pennybright and Moonpaw from Salamandastron (they are the hares who defended their Mountain against Ferahgo and his horde).
Also we have a certain Lady Sable Brock from Mossflower, shame that she was mentioned only once through Brockhall's old writings. Only the fanfiction miracle would satisfy the need to know her better.

Ashleg

I had an obsession with Raventail, the ferret Chief from Marlfox, last year.
I still like him.

Blaggut

I'm not the only one obsessed with Bart?!

As much as he is cool and artistocratic, though, he isn't obscure enough. I think he even has a picture in the book. We need to get... Obscurererer!

What about that one crow that was a spy for Kharanjul's horde, only being mentioned once. Or the friar who was only mentioned but never had a part to play.
~Just a soft space boi~

Russa Nodrey

Wasn't there a beaver mentioned in Redwall?
Freddy

Eulaliaaa!

Yeah, horses and livestock too.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Banya

I wish we'd gotten some sort of story on the Salamandastron rulers who preceded Stonepaw. Ceteruler, Spearlady Gorse, and others mentioned mummified in the hidden chamber in Lord Brocktree and Salamandastron. I guess the mystery is nice, because though the Redwall universe has a concrete beginning in the stories, the mention of these characters means that it goes much further back than the stories tell, and it goes on after the stories end, but I've always been curious about these old Badger Lords and Ladies, particularly Spearlady Gorse. I wouldn't have minded just a hint of something she did.

Other obscure characters I'm fascinated with: the Sleepers of Salamandastron. They seem to be equated to a sort of Black Ops squad (at least, that's what I imagined them to be). They're interesting, and I would've like to see them in more than just Outcast.

Blaggut

Friar Furdle = Best Character Ever
~Just a soft space boi~

Gonff the Mousethief

I personally like that smart mole from The Bellmaker. What's his name, Egbert? He was cool. Something completely different.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Blaggut

He was swanky indeed. Does anyone else remember the rope making bunny who's tribe got eaten by cannibal rats in Loamhedge?
~Just a soft space boi~

Hickory

Yes, he lived in a log. Cosbo... Something like that.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Blaggut

Cosbro I think. Or perhaps...

COSMO KRAMER?
~Just a soft space boi~

Ashleg

How about...how embarrassing that I forgot his name...That awesome rat from Mattimeo that worked for Malkariss? Not Stonefleck...
I think his name started with an N Or something like it.

Groddil

Ashleg

Yessssss, I loved him. Great character.