Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: An ace in the hole, is basically like an advantage. Your character is very strong, so enemies will target him first - which is an advantage for Wilbur

The remainder of the group was dealing with the surviving zombies. Jason Taylor had stepped forward into the front of the group, when the thirteenth zombie made its appearance. One of the bodies on the ground, was alive. It grasped at Jason's legs and he fell onto his chest. He quickly rolled over, just in time to catch the zombie as it crawled on top of him. It rasped and bit at the air - nose to nose with Jason. With each second the disgusting breath and ragged teeth got closer to dealing irreversible damage.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: are other characters allowed to stop a zombie from attacking another character?
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: Yep - the idea is that someone saves him.  :)

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: ok, just wanted to make sure.

BIC: Seizing the chance to show the others she could hold her own in a fight, Eul jabbed at the zombie's throat with her machete and yanked upward, pulling the zombie's gnashing teeth away from Jason's face. It lay on the ground, still trying to get up and Eul swung her machete down several times to decapitate the zombie. Seeing it was dead, she turned back to face Jason after scanning the surroundings for more zombies.

"Are you ok?"
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Gonff the Mousethief

Wilbur, who was taken aback as some of his gear had fallen off while the others were fighting, finally got a arrow knocked and started to fire. With a couple shots, one of the zombies went down. However, after he had quickly slain another, one ambushed him from behind. Fear surged through his body as the slimy and cold boys of the zombie struggled to find a reasonable place to bight the young adult. The monster brought both of them to the ground. Using bare instincts, Wilbur acted and pulled his pistol from its holster and shot the attacker three times in the neck. Feel as though he accomplished something he managed a shiny can from his bag and shoved it onto the muzzle of his gun. He had learned this technique a few days back, and for the most part it was pretty effective.

Two more zombies came towards him, but they stopped as they saw the livid writer waving a can at them. It shocked one of the two as a bullet came flying through the end of the can and shot his partner in the head! His life sadly ended the same way; killed by literal fear.

After his quick kill Wilbur picked back up his bow and started firing again, this time making sure to grap his bright silver arrows, which he had spray painted a few days. Finally, after killing a final one the tiresome young soul dropped to one knee and had to think over his situation. He had killed again. He was scared again. How could he keep this up?
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Delthion

Delthion watched as members of the group were held by zombies, then freed before he had a chance to help. He smiled, the zombies fell quickly and without much resistance, he thought as he ended another zombie's existence.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

Jason shuffled backwards as the zombie's head landed in his lap. How on Earth had he been pulled down and nearly crippled by one, crippled zombie? Then, multiple shots rang out. The survivor briefly thanked Eul before retrieving his fallen weapons. He stabbed the final zombie in the throat and wrenched it's head off. Seeing that the rest of the zombies had been killed, he reholstered his gun and knife and stormed towards Wilbur. Dealing the other survivor a hefty slap to the side of the face, Jason glared at the younger man.
"Are you insane, you fool? Thirteen bloody undead, already enough to handle, and you have the nerve to go firing guns everywhere? Why d'ya think everyone has knives, to pick their teeth with? We need to move! If any more zombies heard those shots, which considering how many he fired, I don't doubt, we need to be out of here NOW!"

Eulaliaaa!

Eul quickly stepped between the two. "Woah, hey, calm down," she said. "I doubt yelling and fighting will get us anywhere, Jason. And I also doubt we were going to stay here anyway, movement is life. Hitting him was uncalled for." She glanced around at the others as she talked, listening for any zombies. "Though we should probably go."

Groddil

"Oh, yes. What a spectacular idea. But if we get eaten, I blame him."
Jason drank deeply from his canteen and grabbed his knife again.
"We'll need to be careful. Try to move quickly and quietly. Oh, and I need to talk to the boy, we'll catch up with you shortly..."
He shot a glance at Delthion and nodded once, towards a nearby grove of trees.
"Come with me."

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: As Groddil suggested, the group does indeed need to be moving again. As you go, you can pass any building you think of. Just write something like this:
"As they walked, Tom pointed out a church on the right - "that might be a decent place to spend the night."
The idea is to come up with a good building to spend at least one night in. If no one can agree on where to stay, you can always spend the night around a campfire - but it will be risky. You can continue your conversations as you walk!

LT Sandpaw

Through the entirety of the skirmish Antonio had stood by, his hand trembling as it always did. He licked his parched lips, flinching each time a shot rang out. He had a knife, and a gun, but he rarely used them for anything violent. Seeing that the others managed just fine without him Antonio sheathed the long knife glad his own puny attempts at killing these "zombies", or at least, killing them again, weren't called for. The science behind this madness made no sense, and Antonio's every belief was challenged. Still even if he wasn't a fighter he had a job to do.

Scampering over to Jason the young doctor struggled to open his medical bag. "Did you get any of it in your mouth?" He asked not bothering to slip on his dwindling supply of latex gloves. "I'm still not sure how it spreads, and I'm positive you don't want to test my theory that it can be passed through the digestive track, and I've checked their mouths, rotting pieces are falling out all the time. Even if you don't... You don't... well you know, turn, you'll get awful infections for sure. Here swallow this."

Antonio found what he was looking for, a small red pill and held it out to Jason while looking around the group. "Scratches, anyone get scratches? What about skin contact, make sure to wipe off any blood from the... The... The, well, the zombies."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Kneeling down by the bodies Kyle rummaged through the possessions of the former students. Finding an empty handgun he stuck in in his belt before tossing the little food into his pack. No hardware, unfortunately.

"I think we're all good," said Kyle to Antonio. "This group didn't have many supplies left, so I think we should head into the city and scavenge for materials, spend the night as well."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Delthion

"We do need to be moving, get ready but rest for minute while I talk to Jason." Delthion said as he followed Jason.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

Stopping near the trees, Jason turned to Delthion.
"Look, kid. You're the kind of person somebody'd want to be with in times like these. Strong, smart, know what you're doing. The problem is, if you keep looking out for the entire group, some of whom really aren't suited to this situation, you'll get yourself killed. I only have enough food to keep everyone going for two days, tops. That's why I'm leaving the group. I want you to come with me. If we can get out of Florida, we stand a better chance of survival. It might be hard to do, but if we find an aircraft, we can get back to the Rockies, where we can live out this apocalypse in luxury. And if not, well, we stand a better chance of surviving on our own, without CERTAIN people. What do you say, Del?"

Delthion

Delthion looked back to the group, they looked harmless, but given the chance they would probably put a knife in his back at the nearest opportunity. "Let's go." He said.