News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

[GALLERY] Show me the wonders

Started by Ashleg, June 15, 2016, 11:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

If anyone makes food from the Redwall recipes, post your pictures here because Ashleg can't cook they'd be fun to see!

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

Hickory

Right so the first Redwall recipe I made was the Tasty Squirrel Bakes. They're basically mashed potatoes rolled in breadcrumps and egg and fried.

We also made Mossflower Mulled Cider as a drink.

Now, those Squirrel Bakes belonged in heaven. They were crunchy and warm and soft on the inside. Furthermore they went down quickly and went well with the deliciously sugary cider.

As an expert middle school cook I can attest to the fact that making this meal combination is very labor intensive and can be frustrating at times. However it is well worth the work and I suggest this being one of the first meals you make.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

That does sound good!  ;D

Did ya make any of the desserts?

The Skarzs

I really want to try a pastie (work, you stupid auto-correct; yes, I DID spell that right), or a trifle. I haven't seen a lot of the items described in feasts and whatnot anywhere. (Of course, some were made up by the author as a way of getting around some limitations, but still.) Since I have such a large family, making some of those would take so much time and effort I cannot take it upon myself. And if I try to make it in small batches. . . there will be tears.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

I actually went to a place that had pasties and was surprised since at the time I believed they were a Redwall thing. x"D

Captain Tammo

I've started going through the Redwall cookbook and making little things here and there. At the moment, I'm starting out with the easiest things but my goal is to work up to things like the Deeper 'n Ever Turnip 'n Tater 'n Beetroot Pie. So far I've done candied nuts (I got the recipe from Wylder). Those were absolutely awesome! Except I ate them all and now need to make more...

Anyway, tonight I made some Golden Hill Pears

golden hill pears

Okay well they're not much to look at, but they're tasty!
[close]

These were really easy to make but I still kind of messed them up. They are essentially pears that are peeled, halved (I quartered them since I had big pears), and cored that are then put in a pot with some sugary syrup and allspice and then left to simmer for 15 minutes. I didn't have allspice so I wound up adding just cinnamon. They tasted really good and make a really good desert if you're someone with a sweet tooth!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Ashleg

That actually sounds awesome although by the picture I (pfffttth) thought they were normal pears.
Reminds me of pie without the pie part.  ;D

Captain Tammo

Going to try making some Shrewbread from the Redwall Cookbook this week! Wish me luck and hope I don't burn my house down in the process!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Ashleg

HahH, have a fire extinguisher ready!

Dotti Dillworthy

I've just made two recipes from the official cookbook.

1)
Hare's Pawspring Vegetable Soup
[close]
My first recipe made a week ago, for the family table. Though I substituted the vegetable bouillon cubes for the non-veg ones, since these are the closest things available for me.

2)
Raspberry Rock Cakes
[close]
Second recipe made just today, though the bottoms are burnt black. Still good nonetheless  :)

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

shisteer of nothing much

I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!