Favorite single moment in the Redwall series

Started by Captain Tammo, June 23, 2016, 02:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Since this topic will contain a bunch of spoilers, please use the [ spoiler= ] [/spoiler] function
My favorite single moment in the entire Redwall series is when this happened:

The Legend of Luke

That incredibly tense moment where Luke is steering the Gorleech, trying to wait for the perfect moment to give the signal. Then, tied to the wheel, he throws his head back and yells aloud "Dead ahead! Dead ahead! Dead aheaaaaaad!" and then the whole plan comes to life from there in one amazing instant!
[close]
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

Favorite single moment? Hmm. . . That's a tough one.
Mattimeo
I did like it quite a bit when Mattimeo and the others were trying to dig out their would-be rescuers, only to find themselves trapped themselves, and he is willing to die so the others can get away. Seemed like it was at that point that he really grew up.
[close]
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

Lord Brocktree

The moment when Stonepaw dies, taking all the vermin with him. It was so exhilarating and amazing."
[close]

Hickory

Quote from: Groddil on June 23, 2016, 04:18:43 AM
Lord Brocktree

The moment when Stonepaw dies, taking all the vermin with him. It was so exhilarating and amazing."
[close]
Brocktree
That time when Brocktree breaks Trunn's back like it's a twig. :)
[close]
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Sagetip on June 23, 2016, 04:39:56 AM
Lord Brocktree

[close]
Brocktree
That time when Brocktree breaks Trunn's back like its a twig. :)
[close]
Lord Brocktree
When Groddil returns and (I think this is right) kills Trunn
[close]

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Groddil

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on June 23, 2016, 06:30:11 AM
Quote from: Sagetip on June 23, 2016, 04:39:56 AM
Lord Brocktree

[close]
Brocktree
That time when Brocktree breaks Trunn's back like its a twig. :)
[close]
Lord Brocktree
[close]

Lord Brocktree
Yep, that's right. I come back in the very last chapter and push Trunn into the ocean, where he drowns.
[close]

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on June 23, 2016, 06:30:11 AM
Lord Brocktree
[close]

Lord Brocktree
Is that when he repeats Trunn's war chants as he's dragged out to sea? Something along the lines of "These are the days of Ungatt Trunn!" if I remember it correctly. It's been a few years, but I remember that part gave me chills!
[close]
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

LT Sandpaw

Mattimeo

That part when the would-be rescuers are pinned down by Stonefleck's horde, and are preparing for a suicide charge, and at that moment the Sparra swoop in sacrificing themselves by the hundreds to save them. Not only that but in the carnage the heroes have lost their first big character, and you realize that Matthias' is losing one of his best friends to find his son. That scene is just amazing. There are a lot of great moments in the series, but that one takes the cake.
[close]

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Aimless Gallivanter

Rakkety Tam is the one that comes to mind
this is how i remember it
Spoiler
Rakkety Tam gets the urge to sharpen the edges of his shield before facing the big baddie. everyone thinks hes gone a little bonkers when they see it. he ends up losing his shield later in the battle, stuck in the dirt with thw sharpened edge facing the sky. the big baddie falls on the shield and his head is chopped off. huzzah 
[close]
im gay!!!!!!

Captain Tammo

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on July 30, 2016, 04:39:58 PM

Mattimeo

That part when the would-be rescuers are pinned down by Stonefleck's horde, and are preparing for a suicide charge, and at that moment the Sparra swoop in sacrificing themselves by the hundreds to save them. Not only that but in the carnage the heroes have lost their first big character, and you realize that Matthias' is losing one of his best friends to find his son. That scene is just amazing. There are a lot of great moments in the series, but that one takes the cake.
[close]

I'd totally forgotten about that part! I think it's about time for me to revisit Mattimeo - that one was great!

alexandre

Spoiler
In Martin the Warrior when Clogg is laughing madly and talking to bodies while digging them graves. The character had gone truly and completely insane
[close]

Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Hickory

Quote from: alexandre on August 06, 2016, 08:44:47 AM
Spoiler

In Martin the Warrior when Clogg is laughing madly and talking to bodies while digging them graves. The character had gone truly and completely insane
[close]
Fixed that for you. Put the text in between the spoiler tags.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Captain Tammo

High Rhulain

This isn't terribly specific in terms of names and all that, but I remember this part in particular, even after several years!

There is a moment in the story where the otter clans on Green Isle are camped out in the woods, Leatho Shellhound has been captured and is hanging in a cage from the top of Riggu Felis' fortress. In all, the situation for the otter clans seem hopeless. Suddenly, a hare pops up into their camp and starts giving them orders about assembling on the beach the next day, do this, do that, etc. One of the otters stands up and confronts this odd hare. The otter clans were not used to taking orders from just anybeast!

He asks the hare something along the lines of "Oh yeah? Well says who?!"
The hare does not move but stands firm. He gives a simple reply, "I believe 'er name is Rhulain, sah."

BOOM! WHAT?! HER MAJESTY THE HIGH RHULAIN IS ON GREENE ISLE?! Gives me chills every time.
[close]