The Name Tiria

Started by belle, September 11, 2016, 05:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

A hard rock flung at somebody's head at a high speed could probably do a lot of damage.

Ashleg

But aren't they small?
Like...
I mean...

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Ashleg on October 31, 2016, 08:37:00 PM
Kind of off topic but...
Slingstones.
I didn't used to think that they were dangerous enough to kill a beast but then in the later books everyone was like "OMG Slingstones!!1!-!1!"

So.
Can someone care to educate me on Slingstones?
Kind of off topic but...
Slingstones.
I didn't used to think that they were dangerous enough to kill a beast but then in the later books everyone was like "OMG Slingstones!!1!-!1!"

So.

Sings were typically three feet in length, while the stones were a little rather small, a little larger then a fat cherry I'd think. The ones used in Rome were made of lead, though usually they were shaped river pebbles, ground down to be round.

They could be thrown nearly 200 yards accurately, at about 60 miles an hour, about as fast as a car driving on the highway.

Something that small, with that much momentum behind it can do some serious damage. Now obviously armor negated the effect, but most characters in the Redwall series don't wear armor, so they are still a devastating weapon.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

Interesting, thanks. ;D
Not to mention how scary that sounds. :P

Maudie

Guys, we can stop arguing over how Tiria is pronounced because it's obviously pronounced "to blave" which everyone knows means "to bluff" so she was probably playing cards and she cheated and...

Eheh. ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on November 01, 2016, 12:30:06 AM
Kind of off topic but...
Slingstones.

So.
Kind of off topic but...
Slingstones.

So.

Sings were typically three feet in length, while the stones were a little rather small, a little larger then a fat cherry I'd think. The ones used in Rome were made of lead, though usually they were shaped river pebbles, ground down to be round.

They could be thrown nearly 200 yards accurately, at about 60 miles an hour, about as fast as a car driving on the highway.

Something that small, with that much momentum behind it can do some serious damage. Now obviously armor negated the effect, but most characters in the Redwall series don't wear armor, so they are still a devastating weapon.

Armour didn't negate the effect. Slings were used to devastating effect against armoured hoplites in the Greek city states' frequent wars against each other.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

rrrrr

Quote from: Sagetip on October 31, 2016, 08:28:12 PM
Quote from: Groddil on October 31, 2016, 07:52:26 PM
There is no cure other than a bullet to the brain. She's just so perfect it's annoying.
A bullet.... or perhaps a slingstone.

Spoiler
Rather, a pointy, ninja-star shaped slingstone.
[close]
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.