News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

I Would Like to Discuss an RP

Started by belle, September 13, 2016, 01:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belle

I'd like to discuss an RP plot with someone, as I dont have a plot idea yet. How do I go about doing that?

Ashleg

Dannflower Reguba

First off, welcome to the forum Belle! As to RP plots, it's really up to you. Some people have gotten away with just giving a setting and letting the story spin itself, others (like myself) will have the entire story mapped out in their head before the RP even starts. If this is your first time, you could try looking at other RP plots, book plots, etc. to get some inspiration. You can also start by giving out some details of the plot (like setting, starting locations, history, basic goals, etc.), and ask for input from other players.

QUESTIONS:

1.) Where is this RP going to take place?

2.) What has happened recently?

3.) What are the limitations on characters?

4.) What are your rules?

5.) Who are we?

Just some simple question to get you started, good luck!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Aimless Gallivanter

welcome to the forum belle!! sorry i dont have rp tips for you, but ill probably join if you start one!
im gay!!!!!!

LT Sandpaw

Hey Belle. There's a lot of ways to start an RP plot as Dann mentioned you can do a lot of different things. If you have the time I'd suggest reading through some of the OOC pages and see how those got started. The great thing about RPs they can do almost anything, and go anywhere.

Is there something in particular you want to do?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Milady Scribe

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Nice name, by the way. ;)

If you'd like to bounce ideas around, here's definitely the place to do it (or feel free to PM me). Also, Dan's list of questions is great. I might just, er, "borrow" it... *copy/pastes list for future reference*
"This song, as all of our songs, has nothing whatever to do with squirrels." -Darby O'Gill

Favorite trenchcoated characters: Castiel, Lt. Columbo, Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, The Doctor, Harry Dresden, Sherlock Holmes

Fatch of Southsward

I'm just going to throw this out here...

I would totally dig an RP hosted by @belle and @Milady Scribe  working together

Belle, because she's interested in hosting one. Milady Scribe because of the depth she goes into when she posts.

Just throwin' it out there.  ;) I'll shut up now.  :D
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

belle

Thank you so much, everybody :).
I dont have a solid idea and just want to do a Redwall RP. I will think of a starting idea and let you know when I have.