News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Queries

Started by Banya, December 08, 2016, 04:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When should a young adult move away from their parents? (high school refers to public, private, or homeschool education)

when they become a legal adult (age 18) and finish high school, whichever happens later
in their late teens/early 20s, when they finish school, whether high school or higher ed., and begin working
whenever they become totally financially independent, even if it takes several years after finishing school
no matter their higher education/employment circumstances, they should be on their own by their mid- to late-twenties
they don't ever *have* to
other

Banya

Jukka the Sling

I'm not sure if having one little taste really counts or not, so I haven't voted yet.  It was back in 2012, and my dad and I were at his aunt's house in New Zealand.  She had a bottle of sparkling strawberry juice, and it smelled really good but tasted horrible.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Kitsune

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on January 02, 2017, 06:26:14 PM
I'm not sure if having one little taste really counts or not, so I haven't voted yet.  It was back in 2012, and my dad and I were at his aunt's house in New Zealand.  She had a bottle of sparkling strawberry juice, and it smelled really good but tasted horrible.
That's what mine was, and I counted that. I suppose it's up to you.

Jetthebinturong

My findings with alcohol:

Bailey's: Disgusting.
Cider: Nice but has a weird aftertaste - may have just been because it was cheap.
Beer: What I've had was awful, but all beers are different so...
Wine: Tastes bad.
Champagne: Unoffensive, but I really don't get what the big deal is.
Whiskey: Smells so bad I'm never going to drink it.
Rum&Coke: Blech.
Pepsi with Vodka: Just tastes like Pepsi, though I imagine there are stronger mixes, whereas the one I had was weak.

Guess I'm just not an alcohol person.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Feles

Dont go to Belize, Jet.
They like rum in Belize.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Kitsune on January 02, 2017, 06:38:47 PM
That's what mine was, and I counted that. I suppose it's up to you.
Hmm, okay.  I voted.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

I've had alcohol chocolate with brandy, but that doesn't really could as a proper drink.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

Too young, never had it.

Banya

Sparkling doesn't always mean it was alcoholic, but if it was, then it counts.

Jukka the Sling

Yeah, it was alcoholic.

On a completely random note, non-alcoholic sparkling grape juice is pretty good. XP

Banya

Yes it is! Non-alcoholic sparkling limeade is one of my favourites as well. Sparkling Limeade is a username I use on one of the Wikis I edit. :D

Groddil

Quote from: Jet the binturong on January 02, 2017, 08:58:35 PM
My findings with alcohol:

Cider: Delicious.
Beer: What I've had was awful, but all beers are different so...
Rum: Also pretty good, but only in small amounts. Good in deserts as well.

Søren

I've had maybe 5 sips of alcoholic drinks. Once beer, once sherry, once Chardonnay, twice Sangria. I didn't like the sangria, but the other stuff wasn't bad. But I've never had a full drink.

I'm retired from the forum

Lady Ashenwyte

I tasted some cheap booze my grandpa had, and it wasn't too bad.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Ashleg

What I'm wondering is why everyone's giving their -10 kids alcohol.