7 (36.8%)
Castaways
4 (21.1%)
Experimental (Classic)
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Groddil

Quote from: James Gryphon on February 11, 2017, 10:00:15 PM
@Groddil: There is a mention link up at the top of the screen, though, next to the PMs. It's larger than the mentions button. What do you feel makes the button better? Also, which one are you using (that's kinda the whole point of this topic, so that I don't have to ask ;) ).

I dunno, I just don't notice it. The mention button is either always at the top of my screen, or where I look anyway to click back to the homepage. The link at the top of the screen doesn't pop out as much, and I don't usually have the page scrolled all the way up. Matter of preference, I suppose.

But out of the different themes in the old theme, I use Castaways, because for some reason, ALL of the other old theme variations still have the OG buttons anyway.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Chipster of Noonvale on February 11, 2017, 10:24:59 PM
Quote from: James Gryphon on February 11, 2017, 10:18:46 PM
Hmm, what don't you like about the parchment?
I think it's distracting, I prefer when the background is a single colour.  Also it sometimes makes text hard to read.

I don't really have that problem with the background, but I do see your point. Colored text tends to annoy me as a whole.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

James Gryphon

@Chipster of Noonvale: There is a different paper texture in Modified, milder than the one that we've used all this time. Here it is, in case you haven't seen it yet.
Spoiler
[close]
I'm not sure you'd like that better, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing your feedback! I'm honestly not sure whether there's much we can do to alleviate this, but we'll try to take it into consideration going forward anyhow.

@Groddil: That's odd, because I've looked at it several times and all of the theme styles there display with the old-style menu bar (except for "Experimental", which was made for the transition to buttons and has no reason to exist now). I'd try refreshing the pages, I guess. It's also worth noting that there can be problems selecting theme styles; it's not uncommon to have to select a theme style other than the one you want, then select that one, to get it to recognize your choice properly.
« Subject to editing »

Chipster of Noonvale

James Gryphon

It does have the different backgrounds for different boards. I'm thinking about making an offshoot of Modified, however, to become the new default theme (replacing the current default, which would replace Castaways). That one would be like Modified, but without the changing colors and backgrounds. If that happens, you'll hear about it (probably either in the grand reopening announcement on RAFF, or a tweaks & changes).
« Subject to editing »

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Chipster of Noonvale on February 11, 2017, 10:24:59 PM
Quote from: James Gryphon on February 11, 2017, 10:18:46 PM
Hmm, what don't you like about the parchment?
I think it's distracting, I prefer when the background is a single colour.  Also it sometimes makes text hard to read.

The parchment does take some getting used to. I also used to find it distracting, but now I love it and wouldn't trade it in for the world. And no one really uses colored text unless it's for a game or you're a newbie. :P

Groddil

Quote from: Peony on February 12, 2017, 12:45:06 AMThe parchment does take some getting used to. I also used to find it distracting, but now I love it and wouldn't trade it in for the world. And no one really uses colored text unless it's for a game or you're a newbie. :P

Or unless you're The Administrator.

Chipster of Noonvale

James Gryphon

It should only have that for pre-button Modified. Pre-Button Classic is the same as it's been.
« Subject to editing »

Chipster of Noonvale

Lutra

I like the Castaways blue theme.  The only issue with it is if someone writes in a colored text besides the black default, then I really can't read it.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Kitsune

Quote from: Lutra on February 12, 2017, 02:09:05 PM
I like the Castaways blue theme.  The only issue with it is if someone writes in a colored text besides the black default, then I really can't read it.

I do too. There seem to be some issues with it now though.

Banya

Oops. I voted for Modified but I use Loamhedge. I have a hard time remembering which is which.
I'm having trouble with the themes, though, and I didn't see anyone else saying they were having trouble too. I strongly dislike the new Modified theme. Every time I log in, I have to go to my settings and change my theme back to the Loamhedge one, which I like best, but when I log out, it doesn't save my preferences. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to fix this and permanently save my theme preferences? Because not mincing words, the brown-bordered background is ugly and cheap and looks like a grade schooler's powerpoint background and changing it every time I log in is a pain. :-X

James Gryphon

@Banya: As far as it not saving things goes, do you use "Preview" before you select it for real? If I remember right that has something to do with breaking theme selections. I'm not sure why it is, but if you just select the theme without hitting preview first it was supposed to work right.

As far as the look of the theme, is the *only* reason why you don't like Modified the brown border? That originally had bricks, and I intend to get some more in ASAP (we had an issue with the old bricks that necessitated taking them down). The brown border is just a temporary placeholder.
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

Quote from: Banya on March 22, 2017, 04:33:44 AM
Oops. I voted for Modified but I use Loamhedge. I have a hard time remembering which is which.
I'm having trouble with the themes, though, and I didn't see anyone else saying they were having trouble too. I strongly dislike the new Modified theme. Every time I log in, I have to go to my settings and change my theme back to the Loamhedge one, which I like best, but when I log out, it doesn't save my preferences. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to fix this and permanently save my theme preferences? Because not mincing words, the brown-bordered background is ugly and cheap and looks like a grade schooler's powerpoint background and changing it every time I log in is a pain. :-X

My themes stay saved if I log out and back in again, but it always takes forever to actually change them when I need to. I swear I click change about three times before it actually does.

I prefer Loamhedge too, though.

EDIT: @Games Jryphon: I never click preview and it doesn't change. But I think the one time I DID click preview, it changed immediately when I clicked "ok."

Also, I accidentally voted for Castaways. But I prefer Modified (only in Pre-Button OG Format though. Praise the Loamhedge buttons, for they are superior to the RAFF Buttons).