They Thought Redwall was Safe! (Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Part 3!)

Started by Ashleg, February 24, 2017, 11:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

"I am sure Friar Rusk has things left over from luncheon," the old mouse said, leading the path out of the secondary kitchen with the newcomers behind him.
"So," he mused, "What made you two want to come to Redwall?" he chuckled. "To stay, exactly?"

LT Sandpaw

"I don't understand Maxy." Bracklew expressed in confusion. "Does this have something to do with the ones who attacked you and Stumbly? I'm not sure how Rappy could help in any regard... What is this about Maxy?"

~*~

"Is 'e, well ain't that nice o' ye mister hare." Fastooth only half listened to Grant, focusing instead on patriarchal hare. He quite liked Duncan's suspicious demeanor, seeing the hare as the kind of beast he wouldn't be quick to waylay on the highway. "Well let me tell ye, ye raised a rough n' tough likkle fighter in Maxy, an' I owe th' lad me life. We're good cullies see."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

"I've heard of the influence you have here, and want to be part of it," said Afagon. "To help, and learn. It's not an opportunity we have where we came from."
  "And I wanted adventure!" said Oriff cheerfully. "It's been good so far!"
  "He also wants to have a 'dashing beauty to match his own handsome features'."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

"Oh, he does, now, does he?" Grant laughed, lowering his voice to more grave a tone when he leaned over to whisper in Afagon's ear. "I'm afraid he won't find that here!"

--

"You are...?" Duncan's ear stood up, only adding to his suspicious look. "Wot, I never thought I'd see the day. A young squirrel and an older gentleman of a rat...cullies."
He squinted long and hard at Fastooth before turning towards the door and gesturing with one big gray paw.
"Suppose we follow them and get some food?" Behind Fastooth's back, he lowered his eyebrows.

--

Maxy grabbed Bracklew's arm and pointed at the staircase.
"I had a dream," he babbled, "It was more like a nightmare, a vision--no, a flashback--" The squirrel nudged his brother closer to them. "And I need you and Rappy. Both of you. To see if it's true!"

The Skarzs

"No?" Afagon looked at Oriff. "Poor fellow. You're going to be single your whole life."
  "What?" cried Oriff. "What d'you mean?"
  Afagon said nothing as they walked into Cavern Hole.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

At one of the tables was seated a rat, short in stature and yellow in fur, with a blue cape and large eyes to match. When the Abbot led the newcomers in, he hopped from his chair and scampered over, a look of disgust on his face.
"So, h'Abbot, ya caught Stumbly's murderers! If'n I e'er get th' chance, I'll...oh, I'll...er..."

"You'll do nothing except act hospitable," Grant corrected. "These are friends of Maxy and they deserve the utmost kindness."

The Skarzs

"Murder?" echoed Afagon. "What are you talking about?"
  "Easy now, rat," said Oriff. "We just got here!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

"Oh aye lets." Fastooth readily agreed, striding after the departing company. "Me mouth's waterin' at th' mere mention o' eating Redwall grub again. Its been so long, I tell ye. I never thought I'd be back 'ere again until I met Maxy an' e' insisted I come with."

~*~

"A flashback...?" Bracklew glanced behind him at the looming figure of Martin, embroidered on the great tapestry. He had received a vision once from the ancient abbey warrior as well. Often in times of trouble Martin would bestow a message of warning upon abbeybeasts. But was this truly a era of trouble? And what did Rapshade have to do with it?

"I- Alright." Bracklew couldn't deny that he was curious. "But we should be cautious, if you really did receive a vision of the past it could be a warning. C'mon let's go find Rappy."

Ashleg

"When I last saw him, he was in the sickbay..." Maxy trailed off and followed nervously behind Bracklew, recalling the previous day's events. Poor Stumbly! And Rayne...how could she bare tell him? He hoped that the healer would not be in there when they got upstairs. The white squirrel wasn't ready to see her again, much less be confronted over his emotional breakdown and reckless behavior.
"You go first," he whispered, halting behind Bracklew. "If Rayne's in there, I want her out..."

--

"What's a hospital table?" The rat stood in place, fur spiking along the scar on his face. He shook his head.

"Afagon and Oriff, this is Fangfang," the Abbot introduced him, "And, Fang, these are Afagon and Oriff. Please, calm down."

"Hmph!" the yellow vermin snorted, moving closer so he could scrutinize the taller creatures up and down. "You sure ye didn't do somethin' nasty an' then trick Maxy inta being yer friend?" he asked, tilting his head. Then, out of nowhere, a huge grin broke his features. "Heh, okay! If'n Grant says so! What're yer names ag'in--Oragin and Afiff?"

The Skarzs

"That's Oriff and Afagon!" said Oriff hotly. "What's a little rat like you doing here?"
  "I was going to ask the same thing," said Afagon, looking curiously at the old rat. "Fangfang, was it?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

OOC-
Fangfang isn't old. XD
IC-
"You 'kin call me Fang, I've lived 'ere since Cap'n Rappy got 'is ship lost in th' forest..." the short rat proudly announced, about to go on when Grant placed a paw in front of his mouth.

"Fangfang here suffered a head injury when he was around Maxy's age," the old mouse said, recalling what had been retold after Rapshade spilled the information during the great fight. "It causes him to be a bit...slower than the rest of us, but he means well."

LT Sandpaw

OOC:

That depends upon your point of view.  ;)

Also is Rapshade in there? For convenience Ranye is downstairs in Cavern Hole.

IC:

"We can't just force Ranye from her own infirmary. If we absolutely have to we can take him somewhere else." Bracklew peeked inside the sickbay looking down the neat rows of empty white beds. The windows were opened to welcome a fresh breeze and a faint fruity scent hinted at a recent cleaning. The chamber seemed deserted at first glance so Bracklew pushed the door open wider to admit Maxy.

Ashleg

OOC-
Yup.
IC-
Maxy stepped inside and looked around the room, completely missing Rapshade save for a limp black paw that was fettered at the wrist to the post of his cot and the two brown ears and tuft of black headfur that poked up from under the blankets.
The squirrel narrowed his eyes. "Who's gonna wake him up?"

LT Sandpaw

Putting his paw and stump on his hips Bracklew frowned at the younger squirrel. "Do you think he's actually asleep? Its almost midday, even for him that's a bit late." Moving closer to the bed Bracklew nudged it gently muttering a low, "Rappy, hey Rappy?" And receiving no response. He glanced back towards Maxy.
"Considering this was your idea, I'll let you."

The Skarzs

Afagon looked at Fangfang skeptically. "Indeed."
  But Oriff was already over the odd rat. "Alrighty then! Pull up a chair, Affy, this feast looks good!"
  "Pretty empty for a feast."
  "So it is. . . Oh well, more for us!"
  Afagon sat down beside his friend and began eating the wonderful food.

OOC: Sorry for the weak post. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.