Southsward

Started by DanielofRedwall, June 27, 2011, 10:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daskar666

I believe it was called Loamhenge at Redwall but elsewhere it was referred to as the Kingdom of Malkariss.

Redwall Musician

In Mattimeo they do visit Loamhegde. Remember the hare who gave them the little statue?
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Gerbilkit

In all honesty I think BJ has been a little fuzzy with his geography. The redwall map and riddler's world map of Redwall just doesn't seem very realistic or to match all the books. I would find it interesting if people were ever able to combine and slowly piece together a more realistic map from all the books and by using the maps from each book.
"Sometimes a dagger can reach further than a sword, remember that stoat." - Luke the Warrior

DanielofRedwall

The map doesn't have Loamhedge on it, yet it's mentioned in Mossflower, and the map was published after Mossflower.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Gonff

I just got the map and riddler and I agree that a lot of things don't make sense in all the books. My brothers tried to find the route Martin and co. used to get from Brockhall to Salamandastron in Mossflower and there were several things that just didn't fit well. The best thing to do is use the maps from the front of the books. It would be interesting, as Gerbilket said, to try to piece together all the different maps and see if you could come up with a slightly more accurate map. But, as the map doesn't have Loamhedge, we might have to go by the maps in the front of the books Loamhedge is in.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Lily

Quote from: Gerbilkit on July 08, 2011, 02:58:17 PM
I would find it interesting if people were ever able to combine and slowly piece together a more realistic map from all the books and by using the maps from each book.

Folgrimeo tried to do just that. It turned out pretty confusing!

Gonff

Yes, I saw that just after I posted, it does look confusing.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

White One6193

Four season's march? So, it takes a full year to get there?
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Nightfire

I think he had the map drawn in the way that it was pertinent to the story. They didn't visit anywhere near Bat Mountpit or the accompanying mountains in a few of the books, so why would he need to draw them? And notice that Salamandastron and Marlfox share the same map, it just has different labes on certain objects.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

I wish he had more history on Loamhedge. I was so excited to read Loamhedge because that's what I thought it would be about. I was very disappointed to find out it wasn't.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

W0NWILL

Quote from: White One6193 on August 17, 2011, 11:40:19 PM
Four season's march? So, it takes a full year to get there?

Personally, I doubt it. I believe that Mariel and Dandin didn't take the most direct way, they wandered about fighting, staying for awhile in some places, I would say it would take two or three seasons if you really wanted to get there and knew where it was. Maybe not even one.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

WarriorOfMossflower

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 05, 2011, 11:17:57 PM
It's too bad southward wasn't in many books... I wish Brian made a book that would take place throughout the entire redwall world! It'd be a reaaaallly long book, but I'm sure it'd also be the best ;D
That would be so epic.
Even more epic, if a lot of fans got together and wrote it together. We should do that.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.