Redwall... How is it layed out?

Started by SaberTruth, June 29, 2012, 08:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutra

Quote from: redwallgurl on July 08, 2012, 09:23:25 PM
weren't there even more levels of old attics or abonded domitires higher up?

It seemed to vary based on whether or not the attics were a major part of the plot.  If the attics were not part of the plot, then I would almost consider them the third floor of the abbey as the dormitories are not on the same floor of the attics, and the dorms are not on the same floor as the major rooms like Cavern Hole.  Maybe to mice or squirrels, the attics seem to go on and up forever. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

SaberTruth

Thank you everyone for your help. The Redwall books are kind of confusing in that area.

Stripedog

This isn't perfectly related to the question, but I'm curious how big the Abbey grounds are supposed to be. For some reason I always imagined the pond was outside the walls, but I think it's supposed to within the walls. I think my mental picture of Redwall is too small.

Lily

I think they're supposed to be quite large. You're right, the pond is inside the walls, and they also have orchards on the grounds as well as space for the bell tower and lawns. I always forget about the orchards when I'm picturing the Abbey, for some reason.

Redwallfan7

I'd still want to live at Redwall Abbey, no matter how fictional it is ;)
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Captain Tammo

I once got the build your own redwall kit and it simplified how things were layed out quite a bit. It's not like the TV series, but I think it's how Brian saw it.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Captain Tammo

Yeah it was $40 and made of cardboard, but there has never been a better visual of the abbey!! It simplifies EVERYTHING. Maybe there's videos of it on YouTube?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior