News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Martin's Family

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, July 03, 2011, 06:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osu

Quote from: martins#1fan on July 07, 2011, 01:16:07 PM
Martin Sr. ????
I believe they're referring to Martin the Warrior's grandfather. :)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Redwall Musician

Martin Sr. is Martin the warriors grandfather.
Martin is Martin the warrior.
Martin Jr. is Mattimeo son.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Icefire

Quote from: Redwall Musician on July 07, 2011, 05:09:19 PM
Martin Sr. is Martin the warriors grandfather.
Martin is Martin the warrior.
Martin Jr. is Mattimeo son.
And Martin is my favorite! :)
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Osu on July 07, 2011, 05:08:01 PM

I believe they're referring to Martin the Warrior's grandfather. :)

That's true enough, but the problem comes in the fact that the post was pointless.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Osu

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 07, 2011, 05:26:29 PM
That's true enough, but the problem comes in the fact that the post was pointless.
I wasn't making a statement one way or another on the post itself, just answering the implied question. :)

sabretache5611

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 06, 2011, 07:29:16 PM
They, which would actually be just Verdauga Greeneyes, didn't build Kotir. Verdaugua's desire that always been to find a ruin and make it is own (as said in Lord Brocktree). That is exactly what he accomplished.
woah...so it can be said that Martin the Warrior driving out Tsarmina was a bit of payback for the wildcats driving Luke out of St. Ninians?

i also noticed something interesting.  (this is slightly off topic)
You know that Gnoff the mousethief made St. Ninians his home right?  Well at Matthias's time, the churchmouse family lived in St. Ninians...since Gnoff's descendants supposedly lived in St. Ninians, then wouldn't that make Martin II, son of Mattimeo and Tess Churchmouse the descendant of Gnoff????
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Gonff's descendants had long since moved off, and became the Gonfelins. Saint Ninian's was always being abandoned and resettled.

Alessandro Reinares

I don't know sabretache, Dandin is Gnoff's decendant and he went of to an adventure. And Gnoff's family left right?

Heisnotdead

Did you know that in a book... I think Marlfox but anyways in a book mice were sewing a tapestry and on animal said "I think you should use this shade of brown for Martin the Warrior's fur." But in The Legend of Luke Martin obtains a sewn piece of cloth that mice of the past had sewn for Luke. Somebody then said "This will be the center of a wonderful tapestry for you Martin." A mistake made by Mr. Jacques.
God's might is my sword, God's love is my shield, and I will defend my people from Satan with these.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Heisnotdead on July 09, 2011, 01:29:37 AM
Did you know that in a book... I think Marlfox but anyways in a book mice were sewing a tapestry and on animal said "I think you should use this shade of brown for Martin the Warrior's fur." But in The Legend of Luke Martin obtains a sewn piece of cloth that mice of the past had sewn for Luke. Somebody then said "This will be the center of a wonderful tapestry for you Martin." A mistake made by Mr. Jacques.

Actually, somebeast mentioned that Martin had a simliarity with the tapetry's mouse.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

You're quite mistaken. For one, it wasn't Marlfox, it was either Mariel of Redwall or Outcast of Redwall, where brothers and sisters of the Abbey were sewing the tapestry. In the Legend of Luke, Vurg handed Martin the Warrior a piece of tapestry depicting his grandfather, Martin the Elder. Nobeast said a thing along that line in the book, either. Abbess Germaine did, however, state in the epilogue that the tapestry piece was being expanded into a tapestry of Martin the Warrior. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain Abbess Germaine wrote that in her diary/journal.

Icefire

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 09, 2011, 04:15:50 AM

You're quite mistaken. For one, it wasn't Marlfox, it was either Mariel of Redwall or Outcast of Redwall, where brothers and sisters of the Abbey were sewing the tapestry. In the Legend of Luke, Vurg handed Martin the Warrior a piece of tapestry depicting his grandfather, Martin the Elder. Nobeast said a thing along that line in the book, either. Abbess Germaine did, however, state in the epilogue that the tapestry piece was being expanded into a tapestry of Martin the Warrior. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain Abbess Germaine wrote that in her diary/journal.
It was Mariel...Saxtus was the one who chose the color.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Nightfire

What about the rest of his family? Luke the Warrior? And Sayna? And his grandmother?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Osu

Sayna was killed by Vilu Daskar, his grandmother was killed by Badrang (or one of his soldiers, can't recall exactly), and Luke met his end when he crashed the big red ship.

They all came from Ninian's, though. I find that insanely interesting. That area of Mossflower has always been a part of Martin's family...

White One6193

Quote from: Icefire on July 04, 2011, 08:42:25 AM
Quote from: Galedeep on July 03, 2011, 06:14:56 AM
Ok, let's get started then! Why do you think it's only Martin that appears in the dreams in the books and not any of the other famous redwall warriors?
SPOILER ALERT!!!
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong...it has been awhile since I've read these specific books...but I think in the Long Patrol most, if not all, the past Redwall warriors (Mariel's included...I know that much!) show up in young Russano's dream to show him who lives and who dies in the battle to come. And in Triss, Trisscar's father showed up with Martin to deliver her a message. I'm almost completely certain others show up as well, but I can't remember who or when. My guess is that Martin shows up most often because he is THE Protector of Redwall.
Does this make any sense? I really shouldn't try to explain things at midnight. :P

Ah, yes! I remember now. Boar the Fighter and Martin both come to Russano to tell him to bear witness... Also, don't forget, in Outcast of Redwall, the spirits of Brocktree, Boar, and Barkstripe come to the aid of Sunflash. My fave badger, btw.

"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!