News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Green isle

Started by Captain Tammo, July 04, 2011, 02:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

green isle is an awesome place and I'd love to live there if I was in the redwall world. I've always wondered what happened after high Rhulain. Does anybody have any opinions as to what happened?

Also, what was the deeplough? (sorry if I'm not right with the monster in the deep crater's name) and how do you think the crater got there in the first place as well the monster inside of it? I always thought the crater was from a meteor or an old volcano and the water is just rainwater that's been collected over hundreds of years. But I don't have any idea as to how the monster got there.

Any ideas?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Plesiosaurs rule!

Sorry, random outburst.

And yes, they do exist.

Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 26, 2011, 01:15:00 AM
There was a Plesiosaur Carcass Netted in 1977.

In Jan 24, 2007 a living dinosaur shark was found in Japan.

I actually googled those. The one in Japan I saw a video of the real dinosaur. It was ugly. So yes, they do exist.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Redwall Musician on July 04, 2011, 05:29:42 AM

I actually googled those. The one in Japan I saw a video of the real dinosaur. It was ugly. So yes, they do exist.

Do you have the link?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Tiria Wildlough

I love Green Isle! Specially that Holt Summerdell place. It sounds like the Redwall version of a resort. :)
Deeplough is interesting. I think it might have been made by a meteor or something.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 04, 2011, 06:01:01 AM
Quote from: Redwall Musician on July 04, 2011, 05:29:42 AM

Do you have the link?

Yes I do: http://www.weirdasianews.com/2007/01/24/first-living-dinosaur-found-in-japan/

You might have to copy and paste.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Guys, try to keep on topic.

Osu

I remember hearing about that dinosaur shark. Creepy.

As for Green Isle, I was always disappointed it wasn't mentioned in later books. High Rhulain made it pretty clear the island, Redwall, and Salamandastron were made firm allies. I'm particularly interested in their relationship with Salamandastron. Perhaps they fell out of contact when their messenger goose died/when Salamandastron (lost?) their ships.

As for the crater, I always thought it was something like the Crater Lake in the US.

And Slothanug or however that's spelled - yes, dinosaur shark, totally, or a plesiosaur. Fascinating.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

He was a pleisosaur. He was called a dragon in the book, but the map clearly shows him as a pleisosaur. He probably was being portrayed by Jacques as just that.

I'm fairly certain Green Isle was mentioned again after High Rhulain. I can't remember

Captain Tammo

Was it really? I don't remember...

Matthias720

If I remember correctly, Green Isle was mentioned in Eulalia.

Osu

Quote from: Matthias720 on July 07, 2011, 04:22:15 PM
Ohh, was it? I'll have to look it up, dang! :o I don't suppose you remember whereabouts it might've been in the book...?

Matthias720

Quote from: Osu on July 07, 2011, 05:08:52 PM
Ohh, was it? I'll have to look it up, dang! :o I don't suppose you remember whereabouts it might've been in the book...?
Unfortunately, no. :(

Osu

Just as well. XD You guys'll be hearing from me when I find it!

Icefire

Quote from: Matthias720 on July 07, 2011, 05:15:11 PM
Quote from: Osu on July 07, 2011, 05:08:52 PM
Unfortunately, no. :(
WHAT?! I need to read that book again! I thought Green Isle just disappeared from the series the same way Southsward did.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!