News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Fort Marshank

Started by Skalrag of Marshank, August 01, 2011, 04:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skalrag of Marshank

So, just to get things rolling, I'm gonna ask everyone: Who is your favorite bad guy from Martin the Warrior? I don't care how minor they are, as long as they're vermin (with the exception of Druwp). O.K., my favorite is Skalrag (obviously).
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Log-a-Log

Felldoh is my favorite, but I also really like Ballaw
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Lutra

^ Felldoh doesn't qualify as a bad guy on most radars.  ;)

I haven't been able to like Skalrag since I heard his voice on the tv series.  Just the wrong voice...too high pitched for what I consider a bad vermin character.  He could pass for Rizzo on the Muppets!

Its hard to choose between bad guys here, but I think the antics between Clogg and Badrang are most amusing, if nothing else, if they can't get along, why do even bother trying to work together?  You just know its never going to work, so we await the next shouting match or tantrum with anticipation.  ;D
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Skalrag of Marshank

O.K., you can name your favorite goodbeast too, as long as they were at Marshank at some time or another before the final battle. Ex. Queen Ambala, the Warden, or Rose don't count.

Quote from: Lutra on August 02, 2011, 01:35:14 PM

I haven't been able to like Skalrag since I heard his voice on the tv series.  Just the wrong voice...too high pitched for what I consider a bad vermin character.  He could pass for Rizzo on the Muppets!

I'm the opposite. I love Skalrag BECAUSE of his voice. I'm sorry, I just adore foxes. ;D
  ~ Larry Boy

Osu

I liked the corsair dude - uhh what was his name...? Truman Clogg? Ohhh boy do I need to reread the Martin books...
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Skalrag of Marshank

Clogg v.s. Badrang was quite entertaining, actually. ;D  My LEAST favorite character would have to be Druwp. I HATE HIM!!!!!!!! Sorry, random moment.
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Cloggs funny. He's got to be about the best villian in the first three books- after Cluny, of course. ;D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

~ Larry Boy

Log-a-Log

Quote from: Lutra on August 02, 2011, 01:35:14 PM
^ Felldoh doesn't qualify as a bad guy on most radars.  ;)

Its hard to choose between bad guys here, but I think the antics between Clogg and Badrang are most amusing, if nothing else, if they can't get along, why do even bother trying to work together?  You just know its never going to work, so we await the next shouting match or tantrum with anticipation.  ;D
Oops, I didn't see bad guys there, I only saw favorite characters
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Skalrag of Marshank

Whatever. It really doesn't matter, as long as it has SOMETHING to do with Marshank, please.
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Aren't we supposed to be discussing Marshank itself, not the inhabitants? I never understood the prison pit. It's not like you could imprison a mole down there, and any creature, no matter what the species, could dig it's way out with it's paws after a while.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

That's what I always thought. The prison pit wasn't all that creative. In the TV series, they made it look so easy to escape from...
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

I personally think Badrang was an idiot. What kind of fool would make a fortress out of wood? I mean, come on! Anyone with a torch could EASILY burn it down! He was the biggest idiot alive. Plus I love how Clogg always made a fool out of him.  ;D

Skalrag of Marshank

Badrang is definitely not one of my favorite villains... :P
  ~ Larry Boy

Lutra

Clogg was none the wiser then if he didn't try to burn the place down. ;)  Same goes for the slaves because they must have had torches around to light the place.

The prison pit didn't look too dangerous.  Maybe the slaves didn't have the energy to dig by hand...maybe it was packed dirt or something since Martin and Felldoh seemed perfectly content to wait for Grumm to show up.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra