sampetra
5 (17.2%)
castle marl
6 (20.7%)
urthwyte's island
2 (6.9%)
island of gabool
8 (27.6%)
high rughlain(when cats were terrorizing it)
4 (13.8%)
teramort
4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

winifred

The one thing about Redwall is that the islands in the ocean and the islands on the lakes to the south mysteriously dissapear.OK they dont dissapear but maybe they are all the same. To name a few: mariel of redwall that is where gabool lived and in the same place was green isle from high rughlain also peace island from triss and  what ever happened to those rocks that luke's ship crashed on in legened of luke or sampetra from pearls of lutra and where did rapscalions come from? ??? With islands inland we have castle marl where the marlfoxes lived and that island that urthwyte and his grandmother were on and so many more!What became of them all were they all the same lake or all the same island no one knows but here you can decide for yourself  ;) Tell me if you think or remember any more mysterious dissaperences to add to the poll :)You got a point there captain tamm.
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Dotti

Well, I think it's pretty clear that the huge lake and the island in the middle are the same.  I agree that it would be nice if some of the places appeared in the stories again, but it would be rather impractical to include even most of them in a single book since they are so far apart.  I 'm almost positive that Green Isle and Terramort are not the same place.  They seem to have different terrain.  I think Mr. J might have just not really paid much attention to the descriptions of the locations of the places thus giving the impression that they were in the same place.  After all, he was writing a story, not drawing a map.  I really don't worry about the location of stuff too much, although it is an interesting point.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Log-a-Log

Well, I think the rocks mentioned in Legend of Luke were still there because none of the stories ever went back there again
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Lutra

Given the fact a lot of the later Redwall stories were "tales from Redwall" implies stories, not something that was meant to exist in the Redwall universe.  Even mice can tell good stories I guess.  They aren't cartographers--leave that for Boldred and her kin. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Captain Tammo

The islands may appear in the same spot of the map, but if you read closely, Brian put their distances from each other at different lengths. From "beyond where the sun sets" to "a couple of days out."
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Cheesethief

Quote from: Lutra on October 15, 2011, 12:14:09 PM
Given the fact a lot of the later Redwall stories were "tales from Redwall" implies stories, not something that was meant to exist in the Redwall universe.  Even mice can tell good stories I guess.  They aren't cartographers--leave that for Boldred and her kin. ;)
Your first sentence almost ruined Redwall for me. Almost.

Muse

Yeah, they're all meant to be true. But, if you wrote a series that took place across the globe, would you really only visit three or four, given how many islands, isles, or anything that there is across the globe? My guess is no, you'd visit as many as you could.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Gears

true, but if you look, some of the islands are in the same place as others in the map, but about visiting as many isles as you could, some otters could have, but keep in mind that the main characters are mostly woodlanders.
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

winifred

It just seems that there are lakes and islands in the same place.It would be intresting if the hill/cave that became a lake in Doomwyte was later the lake in marlfox then marlfox castle blew down somehow and it became the lake with the island that Urthwyte was found on ;) Tecknecly that could'nt happen.
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Captain Tammo on October 16, 2011, 04:17:42 PM
The islands may appear in the same spot of the map, but if you read closely, Brian put their distances from each other at different lengths. From "beyond where the sun sets" to "a couple of days out."
this guys right you know.

Tiria Wildlough

You know Irgash Isle from The Rogue Crew? Well, I had this idea that maybe it's the same as Green Isle from High Rhulain. Maybe the Wearat took over it and renamed it. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on September 29, 2012, 09:11:31 AM
You know Irgash Isle from The Rogue Crew? Well, I had this idea that maybe it's the same as Green Isle from High Rhulain. Maybe the Wearat took over it and renamed it. ;D

That would be cool. The Rogue Crew it the next book I am going to read after I finish Rakkety Tam.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwallfan7

I finished the Rogue Crew in August. it was pretty good.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

321tumbler

My brother an I wondered that so when I'm done the series I'm going to go to the library and just make a map.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: 321tumbler on November 04, 2012, 02:36:31 AM
My brother an I wondered that so when I'm done the series I'm going to go to the library and just make a map.

Yes well they already have one. Called The Redwall Map and Riddler.

It shows the Islands on it but it was made before all the books were writen.....which mean that not all of the Islands are shown.

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner