Online Redwall

Started by GeminyaTome, July 22, 2011, 08:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

My personal library currently occupies a 3-shelf and a 5-shelf bookcase.

Yeah, I like books. >.>

Lily

My hand luggage used to be full of books when I travelled, but now all I need is my kindle. They do have their uses, but I think it's really sad that the book stores are going out of business.

I'm waiting for them to release a waterproof kindle so I can read at the beach. That would be eeeeeexcellent.

Quote from: Matthias720 on July 25, 2011, 01:29:55 AM
My personal library currently occupies a 3-shelf and a 5-shelf bookcase.

Yeah, I like book. >.>

My personal library is packed away in boxes.  :'( My old bedroom used to resemble a library though.

Tiria Wildlough

I hate reading e-books.  :P None of my family own a Kindle. I can't say I would like one. I like to read off paper. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Gonff

None of my family own a kindle either. I really like having a real book but I can see how the kindle can be useful for traveling as Tiria says. The e-books are also cheaper than real books and do not take room to store, but for now I'll stick with real books.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Lutra on July 23, 2011, 01:19:59 PM
Supposedly there's a program for the computer that takes Kindle downloads; I remember Amazon trying to get me to download it and try it out.  Still would have to pay for the book, and I don't know many that can stare at a computer screen for hours like that.
Yea, but at least you get to read a great Redwall book!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Buzz_Bumble

QuoteI don't know many that can stare at a computer screen for hours like that.

The proper ebook readers like the Kindle use a different screen technology that many people say is easy to read than a computer screen or an iPad.

I doubt that real books are going to disappear any time soon, although some new titles may eventually not be printed.

Although they are difficult to find, vinyl records (kids, ask your parents) never completely disappeared when CDs and then MP3 downloads started up. A few bands still produce vinyl versions of their albums, and there was an article in the newspaper here near the end of last year that said vinyl records are making a bit of a comeback.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on April 13, 2013, 01:07:11 AM
Although they are difficult to find, vinyl records (kids, ask your parents) never completely disappeared when CDs and then MP3 downloads started up. A few bands still produce vinyl versions of their albums, and there was an article in the newspaper here near the end of last year that said vinyl records are making a bit of a comeback.
Ha, I have a record player and a bunch of records, and I'm certainly not a parent. XD I like them, the sound quality is fantastic, much better than CDs and iPods (though I still own both).

As for books, I agree that I much prefer the feel of a book. I have way too many books, and now that we're moving I don't know how I'm going to pack them all...
Received mostly negative reviews.

The Grey Coincidence

Books are better but I did find this place where you can read Mossflower.
http://www.readnovelonlinefree.com/novel/Mossflower-Redwall-2-9086
It's not very good but seeing as this country doesnt have Redwall books-and neither do I well it's all Redwall.
I'm not sure if it's legal and I don't reccomend it-but it's there.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

LordTBT

Doesn't look legal to me.

We've compiled a list of every available ebook source for Redwall. Purchase away, folks.

http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Redwall_eBooks