No
1 (5.6%)
Maybe
10 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Redwaller

Okay i'll test it!

Tiria Wildlough

Is there some way I could help, too? I know a bit about website building.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwaller

Hummm... I'm not sure if you can work from different places. But you could build the code and send it to me!

Tiria Wildlough

I dunno, I could try. What do I need to do?
I'm not a hipster.

Redwaller

Leatho Shellhound

Are you going to put on the backgroung image?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwaller

I'm trying but there's a little error. Will be arranged soon.

Skyblade

This website looks pretty good so far. Any way I can help?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Redwallfan7

Just a question out of curiosity, what program or server did you use to create it?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Redwaller

Quote from: Skyblade on July 05, 2012, 02:47:25 PM
This website looks pretty good so far. Any way I can help?
Thanks, if you want to help you could make lists. PM me for more information.

@Redwallfan7: I use Microsoft visual interdev 6.0

Lutra

Couple of things here, since I've been doing this kind of stuff for years now.....

1.) You say the page is mossflower.com yet, you don't link to it.  It is a domain name for sale, and doesn't come cheap by the looks of it.  Unless you intend to buy the domain name and host a site on it, you should consider changing what you call the site.  Give it a name, call it by that name, and then link to it.  For example, I run a website called Classic Ranger Rick, and whenever I advertise, I call it by the name, not by its link on google sites.  That would be the first thing you need to do.

2.) When you first come to the site, it isn't obvious there is anything there.  I see "links" and "credits" neither of which tell me that the site offers anything useful.  When I click links, I see lists.  So rename your links page to something like "Redwall Character Lists" or something more obvious as to what is hiding behind the link.  People won't just randomly click on stuff given all the garbage the net is full of these days.  You need to let the people know something is there.

3.) I know this is a work in progress, but as it stands, I'm not positive what you're offering on this page.  What you have to realize with Redwall websites, is that there's been many many of them.  LordLBT runs the Redwall Wiki which practically is the definitive site for Redwall information.  Right now I see you making a slimline version of the Redwall wiki.  Its not a bad idea, but your competition is the Redwall wiki, and I think more newbies to Redwall would visit the wiki first.  Make your site unique...offer readers something they cannot get from the wiki--fanart collections, short stories, character biographies (so you look at each character in depth).  You never just want to have exactly what another site has.

4.) I like the charts....they just need labels.  "The Redwall Character List" is that for just the book Redwall, or will it eventually include all the books?  Consider chunking the chart by book, otherwise it will just be one huge chart (unless that's what you want).  I think most would rather see it done by book.

5.) Depending on your website building ability, you might want to consider something free to get your feet off the ground.  Try Google Sites for free (http://sites.google.com) and use some of their templates to get you started.  That will solve some of the color issues and image problems that you're currently having.  I used to use programs to design my own sites too, but all the new coding and stuff has left me in the dust, and I haven't the time to learn new tricks. :p  So I go with places that do the heavy lifting for me so I can take the time to make my site better, and worry less about the code I need. :)

Food for thought.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwaller

I have an answer to the third one: I'm way far from finished, there's nothing for now but i'm working on it, it's going to take a long time but with the help of fellow Redwallers this task will be achieved.

Redwaller

I decided that a background image was too much trouble, so i changed the poll!

Leatho Shellhound

Sorry but the red writing makes my eyes go funny
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, you should change it to black or blue or something.
I'm not a hipster.