News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Active Redwall Sites

Started by The Lady Shael, June 10, 2011, 05:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

What other Redwall websites out there are still active that you guys visit? There used to be a ton...a lot of them have gone inactive as members grow up. But there are still some out there keeping the ROC (Redwall Online Community) spirit going.

Here is a list of some active and semi-active Redwall-related websites (join them and keep the Redwall community spirit alive!)

Redwall Wiki (Redwall info resource and discussion community)
Redwall:Warlords (text-based game based on Redwall vermin warlords)
Vulpine Imperium (vermin pirate role-playing game, a little buggy but the role-playing is great)
Redwall MUCK (real-time role-playing)
Redwall's Legacy (Redwall role-playing and discussion)
Redwall Survivor (E-zine dedicated to ROC Survival contests)
Redwall Series Facebook page (active facebook page for the Redwall series)

Semi-active:
Terrouge E-zine (once centerpoint of the ROC, soon to release their Brian Jacques tribute issue)
Dibbuns Against Bedtime (legendary club site, unfortunately not very active)
DAB Playtents (for some reason not linked from the original site)
Legends of Redwall Abbey (role-playing forum)
Long Patrol Club (Redwall news site)
Redwall Fanfiction Board (also known as the RFF)
The Redwall Encyclopedia (once one of the greatest Redwall reference sites)
redwall.net (another great info site...not longer updated but has recipes and book reviews)
Black Arch Fort (Roleplaying and club site)

Here is a list of more ROC links, both current and old, compiled by Wydran.
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Bella

It is a great tribute to the Great Brian J. Even though I never got to meet him in person when I read his work I felt  like I knew him well.

Mariel

To be honest I think this site is all I'm going to be following from now on.  There's so many rumors about unpublished, unfinished Jacques books that I don't trust anyone besides the Redwall Abbey Team.  Also I hate checking inactive and semi-active sites--so unreliable.  Anyway thanks to those like LordTBT who update frequently; I'm sorry I don't have more patience!

The Lady Shael

To be honest, any website is only as active as the members who visit. It's true the website administrators must actively produce new content and development, but there's no drive for them to do it unless they know someone will be enjoying it. It is my sincere hope that this forum inspires fans to create their own tribute to this great series in website-form, whether it be an info/news site, club site, or game. 7-10 years ago, the ROC was at its peak in activity, and it was a wonderful thing. People made lifelong friends, others made soulmates. Some discovered their passions or life careers (me included). None of this would have happened if it wasn't for the Redwall series and the fan websites people created. The potential of recreating a Redwall Online Community should not be underrated.

Matthias720

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 10, 2011, 09:05:31 PM
...any website is only as active as the members who visit.
True, so true. I belong to a few forums that are pretty small, but the members who post there are loyal, and they converse freely and regularly about whatever the topic at hand is. One of these forums in particular rarely sees any new members, but everyone there has become firm friends. I think is would be safe to say that this new Redwall forum has both the potential to be completely overlooked, and the potential to be something great. The future of this forum all depends on how committed we, the members, are in help the community to grow. I for one, will do my part to help make this community thrive. :)

Mariel

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 10, 2011, 09:05:31 PM
It is my sincere hope that this forum inspires fans to create their own tribute to this great series in website-form, whether it be an info/news site, club site, or game.

I see the obvious upside to a fan site if it's a tool for posting news.  However the thing I'm worried about is how far fans will go as regards creativity--for example, making a game that could potentially end in the conquering of Redwall by vermin.  I know this isn't really a big deal, but now that Brian Jacques isn't able to defend his series by writing more books I guess I'm more sensitive as regards anything that could lead to ghostwriting or other "blasphemes".

The Lady Shael

I'm sorry to hear you think that way. If you're put off by the vermin sites, just know that it's only another way for fans to express their creativity and love for the series. The vermin characters on those sites are not the "Haha let's kill goodbeasts and take over Redwall abbey"-type of characters, they are mostly "gray-area" characters who do have honor but still have their flaws (so like goodbeasts, just different races).  

Most of the Redwall fan sites weren't about simply posting news...they were about building a community and relationships with other Redwall fans. Stifling creativity is never a good thing. BJ was all about creativity...he wouldn't have wanted us to hold back.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Exactly, Lady Shael.

We all make many friends and relationships about Redwall fansites. Vermin sites are just as much so, I'm actually as an otter a good friend of many of them. Vermin can be friends and naive, too.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Mariel

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 11, 2011, 05:37:17 AM
Stifling creativity is never a good thing. BJ was all about creativity...he wouldn't have wanted us to hold back.

No, of course not.  And after visiting your website, I am in full support of other vermin-based websites and games.  I know that to keep Redwall alive and popular for the new generations, websites and other forms of entertainment that use screens (ugh!) will probably have to be employed.  I know I'm an old-fashioned stick-in-the-mud, but at least I understand that websites are necessary.

So...as they say in the vernacular, "My B!"  I didn't mean to offend anyone who has a website, least of all you, Lady Shael.  While I won't be a member on it myself, know that I fully support what you're trying (and succeeding) in doing for the Redwall fanbase in general.

Log a Log Grenn

Redwall wiki
and Redwall Warlords
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

Twilight Shadow

I have been playing RWL(Redwall Warlords) and thats pretty much it until I found this, where I come on here for some reading.

There is another website I have visited Redwall Muck(a role-playing website) and its semi-active.

Otherwise I don't know many Redwall sites still active.

Mariel

Quote from: Twilight Shadow on June 11, 2011, 11:32:03 PM
There is another website I have visited Redwall Muck(a role-playing website) and its semi-active.

Actually, I visited Redwall Muck recently and it seems to be fully active.

Log a Log Grenn

Redwall MUCK never works for me :'(
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

Mariel

Okay guys, here are some more that I found:
The Redwall Encyclopedia - Another good source of Redwall information, but somewhat dated
The Vulpine Imperium - An interactive club based in the world of Terrouge's Greenhawk
The Long Patrol - Probably the longest-running Redwall club in existence
Black Arch Fort - A forum-only roleplaying website

The Lady Shael

Cool, thanks for the suggestions guys. =) I always seem to forget about Redwall MUCK for some reason.

Do you have a link for Black Arch Fort, Mariel? I'll put the Redwall Encyclopedia up there, the other two are already on the list. :)