News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall "Tribes" and Additional Sidebooks

Started by Ashleg, April 24, 2017, 10:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Y'know, you might or might not be aware of these.
This is what I'm talking about:
Spoiler
[close]

Apparently they are small guidebooks on each species, as well as heroes and villains in "Friend or Foe". That, and they each come with a huge poster.

I personally have yet to get my claws on one of these things, although I have seen the mice one in a local bookstore (but it's sealed).
What's inside besides the poster?
And where do you get them? The only one for sale on this website is in fact the mice one, and frankly there are better characters than mice if I do say so myself.

The Skarzs

I have only ever seen one, at the local library. I believe it was "Heroes and Villains".
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Gonff the Mousethief

About two or three years ago I was able to snag I believe all of them off of Amazon for, what, 5 dollars? It was something around there. I ended up putting all of the posters on my walls and tucked away the actual books somewhere after going through them. Once I'll find them I'll tell what they consisted of. But I think they are pretty cool overall.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Ashleg

Matthias720

The posters come with a booklet that is themed to the poster. For example, the Tribes: Mice booklet talks about each character on the poster and some general information on mice in the series. The map has a booklet of riddles about the series that are pretty straightforward.

Ashleg

BJaqFan

The insides vary...most are encyclopedic, one has different riddles and puzzles in it, if I remember correctly (I have them all...but it's been a while since I've flipped through them).

My posters are still in the books (not enough wall space)...but I'm thinking some of the posters also show locations specific to the animals covered, like Camp Willow and Salamandastron.

I kept hoping that they would come out with more, one for each species...but sadly, didn't happen.

Ashleg

Leatho Shellhound

They are pretty neat, I collected them, mostly from Amazon, and at one point had all 5 posters hanging on my walls. The "Freind and Foe" and "Map and Ridldler" were my personal favorites. But the booklets are small and contain infomation you most likely already know from the books. So unless you want them as a collecter (like myself) or for the posters, I would not buy them for the booklet.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ashleg

That's good to know. Are they still on Amazon?

Leatho Shellhound

Well let me check...

It looks as if they are, if not directly than through third party sellers.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

MeadowR

Dismissed these 'back in the day' (not that I even recall seeing them in the shops), but now I'm thinking they might be fun little additions to have, and also useful to have clothing and weaponry interpretations, and all that, as reference.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Lutra

I'll have my paws on the otters one shortly.  Paid a bit for it, but I wanted that poster. :)  Not sure why I never bought these earlier.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra