News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Hero of Redwall: Haearn Castle OOC Sign-Ups/Discussion

Started by IronWolf0805, August 11, 2017, 06:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronWolf0805

Alright everybody, this will be my attempt at reviving the Hero of Redwall series. Let's give it a go, shall we?

Setting:
The setting will be 22 years after the most recent Hero of Redwall story called, The Hero of Redwall: Southsward. If you do not know the lore that much or at all I would encourage you, although it is definitely not required, to go read the past RPs (Also to see how bad of an roleplayer a lot of us were as kids ^_^) Anywho, the story will be set in the highlands far North of Redwall and Mossflower past the mountains. At the heart of the highlands there rest an ancient fortress known as Haearn Castle. Word has recently gone out across the highlands that Ulfwen Oakenbow, the old Lord of the castle, has passed away without having any children or appointing any heirs. This would leave the throne of Haearn Castle empty and open to any takers within the highlands and mountains. There will be a couple of highlands Clans/Tribes the members of the RP can be a part of. The point of the roleplay will be a war over who will rule the north from Haearn Castle. Players will be able to use as many means necessary to take control of the castle, hold it from the other players, and subdue the clans whether by force or politics. Note that I personally like long roleplays so I plan for this adventure to go on for a good long while.

Leading your own faction is first come first serve by the way.

Factions:

-McBrice Clan
The McBrice Clan is a band of nomadic highland swordsmen and shieldmaidens led by the powerful McBrice family. They mostly consist of squirrels but also have other woodlanders within their ranks. As far as aesthetics and design goes, think Rakkety Tam.

-Noonvale
The region and village of Noonvale has grown significantly since the days of Martin the Warrior and Badrang the Tyrant. Thanks to valuable metals brought down from the mountains by their mole friends and an immense trading network, Noonvale has grown into a rather large riverside merchant town filled with all sorts of species. The design of Noonvale and its inhabitants/military is like the Elves and Rivendell from Lord of the Rings.

-Knight Tribe
The Knight Tribe is filled with the descendants of what remained of Luke the Warrior's tribe. It is a band of hardened warriors and knights bound to a code of honor that pledges them to chivalry and more specifically, answer the call to protect Redwall Abbey to the south when called upon. It has a vast assortment of species but mostly mice. The design of the Knight Tribe is similar to King Arthur and Camelot.

-Blackstone Abbey
Blackstone Abbey is a mysterious place within the deep forests of the far north. It is full of druids that have traditionally stayed within the woods but now set their eyes on Haearn Castle. Like the description says, those that side with Blackstone resemble ancient Celtic druids and magicians.

Rules:
Okay so amongst the fun there must be some rules.
I would like those that participate in this RP to at least be somewhat active on the forums so that even though it is a long RP we can have the wheels turning at a decent pace.
No overpowered stuff you guys know the drill on that stuff.
Try your best to not double post please.
Try to write at least a couple lines of text as to not clutter the page with short little messages.
Have a blast ^_^

This is the ideal character sheet,
Name:
Species:
Faction:
Weapons:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Other (Optional):

You can make multiple characters if you would like.

This is my own personal character. (If need be I'll make multiple)

Name: Volke "The Mercenary"
Species: Mouse
Faction: Knight Tribe
Weapons: Two handed longsword
Appearance: A lot taller than the average mouse, blonde fur, deep blue eyes, tattoos along his arms, long grey tunic with shoulder armor.
Personality: Quiet, reserved, chivalrous
History: Left the Knight Tribe at a young age to seek his fortune a mercenary and learn the ways of the world as well as get away from his pestering father, Davidari the leader of the Knight Tribe. Has recently been summoned back by his family to help lead the Tribe in taking a firm hold of Haearn Castle until an older Davidari returns from fighting wolverines in the far north. Has learned a great deal on his travels and is now a much more mature warrior.
Story Telling Aficionado ^_^

Ashleg

I CALL DIBS ON THE BLACKSTONE ABBEY FACTION LEADER!

Name: (Abbot) Orzmul "The Superior"
Species: Polecat
Faction: Blackstone Abbey
Weapons: A simple, but indeed very sharp, dagger.
Appearance:
Spoiler
[close]
Orzmul, to be specific, is a striped polecat. His fur is black, but he has long white stripes running from the back of his head all the way down the center of his back, to the very end of his tail (which is completely white). He has two smaller stripes along each side of his head, and a white spot in the center, right above his eyes (which are a very, very dark brown). Orzmul is tall, gaunt, bony, and quite imposing. He wears silken white robes with a golden necklace and trim...not to mention a lot of rings on his paws.
His age is quite visible on his face. He does not look a day younger.
Personality: Orzmul is imposing and cruel, and yet there is something charismatic about him that draws creatures in. He knows what he wants, and will not falter to go countless lengths in order to ensure that he will get what he wants. What he lacks in physical strength he makes up for with cunning, manipulation, and a bit of formidable magic.
On the flipside, however...
Orzmul is fairly quiet when not giving orders or a speech. There are times when he just appears as a scrawny old beast, and others when he can be a terrifying mess to deal with. It all depends on what he feels like showing you.
History: Like Blackstone itself, Orzmul's history is quite the mystery. His parents lived to ripe old ages, but once he began making a name for himself, he dropped ties with them. Instead of being born in a position to become leader (or, say, Abbot), Orzmul stated his cause and gradually gained enough support to take control after the death of his predecessor.
Other (Optional): I have read a trivial amount of the original RolePlays. I really do not have the attention span to read them all start to finish. Can you PM me some major plot points and things, just mainly whatever is important to know?

IronWolf0805

Sure thing I messaged you. Sounds like an interesting character! ^_^

Gonff the Mousethief

Oh man, we're gonna get that guest Davidari appearance  ;D

I'll be getting my character up soon, but I'll go ahead and call dibs on the McBrice Faction. This is gonna be great Alf!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

I want to join, for sure.

What's the rule for species?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

IronWolf0805

No rules really other than just keep in mind what species are more common within the factions.

The Skarzs

I think the druids is the only faction that doesn't have any specifications.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

IronWolf0805

Yeah I mean you can be whatever you would like to be honest it's not big deal ^_^

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

Ight, here it goes

Name: Ruel McBrice
Species: Squirrel
Faction: McBrice Clan
Weapons: Mainly a well polished ash wood bow (differing from the normal swords of the rest of the clan), his trust sgian dubh named Chalia and a few different array of arrow tips for the occasion.
Appearance: Ruel's fur his the typical nut brown, yet his ears are tipped with white. To counter this, he wears an over sized acorn top as a hat (Was from a rather large tree mind you). This odd adornment also serves as a place for him to tie is tail to in the case of keeping it from rustling amongst the trees and such. Below all that is his rugged ol' shirt, sash showing the McBrice Clan seal and stashing away his arrow tips, and fine cotton kilt made of a checkered blue and red pattern. Now to hold that up his belt which carries a hip quiver full of blue tipped arrows. Still, Ruel keeps another full quiver on his back as well. To top his ragged look off are his clogs. Instead of being made from a wooden material they are built with leather, both for durability and safe keeping of Chalia.
Personality: Ruel is incredibly soft spoken and thinks instead of talks. His people skills are short, yet he knows much and own a wonderful soul which few ever get to see. Because of his upbringing he finds that keeping to himself is the best way to live, and that your duty is what you are meant to do.
History: He was born to the elder McBrice couple, Alban and Sheena. Neither had been made to think past themselves, so his childhood mostly consisted of being a Scout for the clan rather than royalty. Scouts (or called by many in the clan "The Seall [pronoucned Say-all]) were always meant to be quiet for travel, and oh the traveling Ruel ended up doing. But now the time has come for him to rise as the leader of the McBrice Clan. Alban has long been dead and Sheena grasps for breath. Word of Haern Castle has spread around the clan with many urging to seek it out. So in order to fill the spot of a leader and help guide the warrior clan to prosperity, Ruel has gone out to see what can be done with both the Haern Castle and his situation.
Other (Optional): I hope this is all fitting along with what you had in mind Alf. If not, just tell me.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

IronWolf0805

That's an awesome character! He totally fits in well to the clan and the setting

Ashleg

MINE'S DONE!
Correct me if I did something super duper awful that needs immediate fixing.

Rosie Willowwater

IronWolf0805