News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Rern (Ashleg) versus Argunath (The Skarzs)

Started by Ashleg, October 03, 2017, 12:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

OOC-
I was going to have him loop around and go after him.

The Skarzs

Good, his stuff was there.
  Argunath stooped down to pick up his belongings, and winced. He looked at his side, where Rern had stabbed him, sticking a finger through the rip. It came away with blood. The cougar lifted up his tunic to look at the wound. It was bleeding again, not very badly, but still bleeding. He poured some of his water on the stab to clean it, then drank some. He would have to find more, and get to a place where he could stitch himself up.
  Lowering his tunic again, Argunath put on his breastplate and backplate, trying to ignore the pain.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Rern doubled back and crept along the riverbank, stealthy as a snake in the middle of the woods. Now that his trail was untraceable, Argunath was fair game.
The rat bounded ahead quietly, and faster, until he passed the trees they had slept on and picked up the big cat's scent.
A cruel grin curled wickedly up to his snout. Below him were paw prints--CAT paw prints!
"You are dead soon, Cougar."

The Skarzs

Argunath began walking East, carrying everything he had. He ate sparsely from his provisions as he walked, keeping his eyes and ears open.
  The sun shone through the trees, warming the cougar. He readjusted his pack, and continued on.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Rern crept closer, and soon he spotted the cougar.
He giggled to himself. The animal would have no idea he was there.

But there was one problem: the armor. The rat cursed and ducked down behind a bush.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

The Skarzs

OOC: I was going to have Argunath find another stream and rest there a while, giving Rern time to find him.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

The Skarzs

OOC: I'll post anyways.

BIC: Argunath soon came to some rocky ground where the trees were thin, and the sound of running water could be heard. He breathed a sigh of relief.
  He got to the water and filled his canteen, taking a drink of the clear cool liquid. Then he unbuckled his chest plate, and inspected the wound again: it still had a thin trail of blood running from it.
  The cougar went into his pack and pulled out a small roll of thread and a fishbone needle. One, two three stitches. He gritted his teeth as he washed the injury again. Getting wounded was one thing, but hurting oneself was another completely.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

OOC-
I'm just going to pretend my post didn't happen but also be brash and ask a question. You want Rern to stumble along him now?

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Rern approached unaware, stopping for a breather on his side of the bank.
His whiskers twitched when he suddenly picked up a new scent; that of the cougar...

Ears swiveling, the rat ducked out of sight behind a bush and stared across the river intently. Where was he?

There, across the stream, and venerable too! He grimaced in annoyance. If only he had his bow...

The Skarzs

Argunath pulled himself back into his breastplate and backplate, strapping it back together. Then he turned to the river to crouch down and wash his paws.

OOC: Maybe he could throw a rock or something?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

The cougar had some nerve. Did he not expect his foe to double back and hunt him down until at last the provisions he held were property of the rat? Seconds ticked by tediously, and Rern watched.

While Argunath put on his armor, Rern bent down and fished about in the water, at last coming up with a hard, smooth stone. He pulled back, chuckling nastily, and flung it at his adversary's head.