Who is better, Ben or Ned?

Started by gorath, June 06, 2012, 12:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is better?

Ned
Ben

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Romsca

cregga rose eyes

I like Ned more, mainly since I have had 3 black labs, so I can relate.
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Kitsune

Quote from: Bragoon on June 06, 2012, 06:01:40 PM
That's hardly a fair question.  :P  But I voted Ben.  I have nothing in particular that I like better about either one, but Ned sometimes seems a little stuck-up to me, even if he's only joking. 
same here

Lutra

How is it I've never replied to this topic?  ???

I put my vote in for Ned.  I chose Ned because I find him more amusing of the two characters, but also because I found Ben as too one-dimensional for my liking as a protagonist.  I get that he's been blessed by an angel and as such you don't see a real third-dimension to him, but I get the sense that Ned could really show different emotions consistently.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

WildDoogyPlumm

I'm going to have to agree with a lot of people on this one: Ben AND Ned.  I don't think it's fair to have to decide between them.  So my answer is, "Both."
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Romsca

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: Dalek Fur on October 16, 2012, 02:29:30 AM
Well, I hate big dogs like Ned, since I had a real bad history with dogs, so I mainly like small little dogs
:( That's too bad- I really love big dogs. To me, little dogs (in general) seem to be trying too hard to show how 'tough' they are. Big dogs (in general) are just kinda chill. Then again, maybe I'm just prejudiced b/c I grew up with several jack russel mixes. One of which is evil and has bitten me- more than once. Anyway, I voted for Ned because I like his sense of humor. ;)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Shadowed One

Ned is certainly funnier! I like Ned best.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Maudie

i'm gonna have to go with Ned, i love Ned!  ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

GeminyaTome

I would have to say Ned, because I had an adorable black lab who died two years ago. AND, dogs are amazing!!!!

Quote from: cregga rose eyes on December 09, 2012, 07:27:29 PM
I like Ned more, mainly since I have had 3 black labs, so I can relate.

I am so jealous. I want another one sooooo bad!!!
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Shadowed One

NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED
NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED
NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED NED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Kitsune