News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

321tumbler

The Skarzs

Interestingly, if you use emoticons and press "preview", it will say the message body was left empty.

😛

Just tested it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

I'm so angry. A Canadian-Norwegian boy was just violently kidnapped from his parents by the child "protective" services organization in Norway.

The reason?  He'd recently moved to Norway and was badly bullied at his new school, and school authorities didn't fix the situation, so the family decided to temporarily homeschool him (which is LEGAL in Norway) until they found a new school.  The school authorities told the family that the kid had to be in school for socialization purposes (never mind that he'd been horribly bullied!).  And then the corrupt idiots with the child welfare organization, along with the police, chased the boy down, tackled him, and kidnapped him.

This is what big government looks like, kids.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Aye. It is angering.

Which is why the homes and families must be fixed at the core.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

I think it's too late for Scandinavia. :(
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka the Sling

Oh my goodness.  James Dashner, as well as another popular author, have been dropped by their agents because of sexual misconduct allegations posted anonymously in the comments section of a School Library Journal article about harassment.  Several other authors have been accused as well.

And everyone's believing these anonymous comments without a shred of proof, saying you should "believe women" and that it obviously took a lot of courage to come forward (like, how does it take courage to post an anonymous comment?!).

The thing is, someone finally posted another anonymous comment apologizing for lying about two of her earlier accusations, adding that the admins could verify she really was the poster of some of the earlier accusations by her email address.

For all I know, some of the other claims could be true.  But what on earth has happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?!  The MeToo thing has turned into a flipping witch hunt.  Everyone believes these anonymous commenters automatically instead of trying to verify the claims.  I'm enraged.  Goodness knows how many innocent men have had their careers destroyed by the lies.

Chipster of Noonvale

Jukka the Sling

I don't think what I said was all that controversial...

The Skarzs

There's a lot of mistrust nowadays, yeah. . . It's unfortunate.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg