News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Quest for Romance: The Hunt for the Lashkeel

Started by Rainshadow, November 16, 2012, 04:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

OOC: I'm thinking of holding off on having the Lashkeel appear until some of the characters from "All Ashore" end up nearer to the characters in this thread. We can work on some character development for a while. Maybe work on some of the "romance" aspects this thread is to entail...

BIC:

I haven't really got mine, either. That's why I'm standing still here, hoping nobeast will notice.

Rikkendo gasped as Tia fell to the deck. If he had been a little faster he might have caught her! He reached out a paw to her, concern showing on his features.

"Tia! Are you alright? Take my paw, I'll help you up."

Well, Tia, looks like yer gonna 'ave to learn 'ow to walk all o'er again!

The mouse cast his gaze over to the tom. What he said was true. This ship life was going to take a little getting used to. The would be warrior figured not only would they need to be able to walk but when they did catch up to the Lashkeel, they might have to fight at sea!
______

Brielle smiled at Cooper, her pretty eyes sparkling. It felt very good to be back at sea. She could tell Cooper was also enjoying himself. The pitch of the deck was no problems for the wildcats as they had spent much of their lives at sea.

She began to move to where Buckler was, intent on getting answers about their heading.

"Well Cooper, I seem to remember a certain younger wildcat tom who had to go through his time to earn his sea legs." She chuckled, thinking back to when they had first come to the sea faring trade. Both of them had done their time with stumbling across decks and battling sea sickness.

"Captain Buckler sir!" The shecat addressed the hare. "If we are to catch the Lashkeel we need to keep the ship on a southern course, two clicks west. That should cause us to run into that blasted Captain Brinewater at some point." She inspected the forecastle area where they now stood. "A fine ship this is Captain!"

Rainshadow

"Well Cooper, I seem to remember a certain younger wildcat tom who had to go through his time to earn his sea legs."

Cooper rolled his eyes, also chuckling.  He recalled those early days, trying to mop the deck whilst making it dirtier and falling into the bucket of water he had.  "Aye, Brielle, that I may 'ave done, but I recall a young she-cat 'o also spent some time rollin' about on the ship."
  He grinned at her, mischief showing in his eyes.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

OOC: We should be able to combine the characters from the All Ashore thread with this thread soon!

BIC:

Brielle narrowed her eyes and flashed a smile at the tom. It was true, they had both been pretty ridiculous when they first set sail. She remembered when she had first fallen for Cooper. She had literally fallen right over the top of him when the ship crested a particularly large roller.

Her paw strayed to his as they leaned on the railing of the ship. "We've had some good adventures out here on the sea haven't we Cooper?" She squeezed his paw and smiled again. "I hope there's more to come. I could get used to this. Me, you, and a crew a good beasts. I wonder if Captain Buckler would take us on as permanent crew after this is all over?"

Rainshadow

Cooper suddenly felt warm when Brielle took his paw.  His eartips began heating with embarrassment, though he didn't know why he was embarrassed.  When Brielle squeezed his paw, he felt as though he was going to melt inside.  Until now, Cooper hadn't realized how much he liked Brielle.  He now noticed how pretty she looked, her fur waving in the wind.
  "I could get used to this. Me, you, and a crew a good beasts. I wonder if Captain Buckler would take us on as permanent crew after this is all over?"
  "Aye," Cooper breathed.  "That'd be great."
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

That'd be great.

Brielle turned and looked into Cooper's eyes. He looked flushed. She smiled at him and leaned on the railing.

"Well, maybe we should find that hare captain and ask him right out. What do you say?"

She squeezed his paw one last time and then let go. The squirrel Acorn was walking towards them.

"Acorn? Have you seen the captain about?"

The squirrel maid looked on at the two wildcats, noting how perfect they looked for each other. She wondered what her bell ringer, Milo, was up to. She missed him.

"No, I haven't seen him. I was just going to have a look around the crow's nest. You two care to join me?"

Buckler The Leg Buckler

Buckler was looking out at the sea. He had mixed emotions about this crew. The wildcats seemed fine, although they were vermin. The young hare was what bothered him. She, for some reason, had said those words brutally and hatefully. Buckler turned around at the sound of footsteps. It was just Acorn and the two wildcats.
"I'll live to close those evil eyes of yores fer good,Ublaz! This is war! Cut 'er loose, Rocpaw, 'tis waaaaaar!" - Pearls Of Lutra

Leatho Shellhound

OOC: is Terra in this one right now???

Featherwood had decided to join the others after he saw that he wasn't needed for the rats. So he ran and ran till he reached the harbor, seeing them board the ship and sail away he got into the water and started swimming to the ship. When he finally got to the ship he climbed on the ships anchor.

"Hello up there, any one on board. Give some help to an otter."
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Buckler The Leg Buckler

Buckler said," I think I hear something." Buckler looked overboard and saw an otter. The first question he asked was " Are you good or evil?"
"I'll live to close those evil eyes of yores fer good,Ublaz! This is war! Cut 'er loose, Rocpaw, 'tis waaaaaar!" - Pearls Of Lutra

Rainshadow

Tempest looked over the side of the ship and, seeing Featherwood, shouted, "Featherwood!  What are ye doin' on the anchor?"
  She looked to the captain, saying, "Don't worry, Cap'n, this is our friend, Featherwood."

Leatho Shellhound

"You lot left without me, had to swim for it, will you give me a paw here?"

click the banner

Rainshadow

Cooper had overheard the conversation and chuckled, jogging over.  He stuck out a paw, smiling at Featherwood.  "I 'eard ye needed a paw, friend."

Leatho Shellhound

"Aye, that I do." Featherwood took the paw and pulled himself on the deck.

click the banner

BrookSkimmer

OOC: A little more character development... then the Lashkeel will appear...

BrookSkimmer

(OOC: Same thing as the other thread... not gonna let these threads die! We can almost do another combining of threads and then the Lashkeel and Freebeasts will meet!)

BIC:

Brielle watched as Cooper helped the otter to the deck. This Featherwood seemed friendly enough. He didn't balk at a wildcat helping him aboard at least.

The shecat smiled at the new otter. "Are you tired after that long swim?"

Acorn glanced up to the riggings. She really wanted to climb to the crow's nest.

"Brielle, Cooper? I'm going to climb up. You can join me if you want!" With that the agile squirrel took off to the heights of the ship.

W0NWILL

Phillim had climbed, rather awkwardly into the rigging, to get away from the cats. Her knife, which she had retrieved before coming aboard, was tucked again into the back of her belt. She clung to the mast, fighting the urge to vomit. At least the ship hadn't been going up and down so much when she had climbed. She was not really to blame for her treating of Brielle and Cooper. She had grown up a Torsorem, after all. As she clung like a limpet to the mast, she remembered the first rhyme she had been taught:

A vermin is wicked and wily,
And the first thing one will do,
Is slip a blade between your ribs,
Ever so slyly.

The boat was going up and down, it was terrible. She clung to the mast tighter, and vomited. She couldn't help herself. The ship was moving so much.