News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Libraries

Started by Redwaller, April 15, 2013, 08:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: cregga rose eyes on April 17, 2013, 08:42:19 PM
The library I go to is smallish, it is primarily made of childrens' books (about half), but it is connected to the other libraries in my area and I can request for books and pick them up at this library. I can check out up to 50 books, which is nice to have if I ever have the need of 50 books  ;)

My little brother always checks out about 30 books, and I usually help him take them to the car. We both read a lot, and the books aren't due for three weeks, but still- that's bordering on an insane amount.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: cregga rose eyes on April 17, 2013, 08:42:19 PM
The library I go to is smallish, it is primarily made of childrens' books (about half), but it is connected to the other libraries in my area and I can request for books and pick them up at this library. I can check out up to 50 books, which is nice to have if I ever have the need of 50 books  ;)

Mine is the same!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwaller

I might go there this evening.

Buzz_Bumble

Some libraries also loan out toys, although that's becoming rarer because too many people keep losing the parts from jigsaws and boad games.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on April 18, 2013, 10:41:55 PM
Some libraries also loan out toys, although that's becoming rarer because too many people keep losing the parts from jigsaws and boad games.
Yea, my library used to loan toys, but they stoped doing it a few years ago, probubly for the same reason as you stated :-\

Life is too short to rush through it.

Buzz_Bumble

There are other privately-owned shops that call themselves "Toy Libraries", but they either charge a rental fee or a membership fee, whereas the real librairs being Government-owned (here in New Zealand anyway) have free membership.

Redwaller

Our library still has them.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwaller on April 19, 2013, 12:35:05 PM
Our library still has them.
Cool! What type of toys do they have? My library use to have special blocks that could be turned into a road for marbles. They used to keep my entertained for hours at a time when I was five :)

Redwaller

I think there's a few toys, but more for little ones(like 6 and under)

And it has about 100 Board Games you can have at 1$ for a week.

It also has over ten computers you can access.

And I didn't see the online searching yet.

One last thing, it has one of the Warriors books, the Mistmantle Chronicles, a few of The 39 Clues, The Inheritance Cycle, lots of Redwall books both in English and French. And I didn't see the rest yet.(We have access to over 1,5 Million Documents!)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwaller on April 20, 2013, 09:45:54 PM
I think there's a few toys, but more for little ones(like 6 and under)

And it has about 100 Board Games you can have at 1$ for a week.
We have access to over 1,5 Million Documents!)
Lucky you!!!

Tam and Martin

We go to a really small library. I've pratically memorized where everything is.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Redwallfan7

I love the library  :). I have two here in Colorado that I enjoy going to. One has an upstairs with a view of the Pikes Peak mountains.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

DanielofRedwall

I live within walking distance of the closest library. It is two story, with a study section and the young adult novels at the top. On the ground floor there are the adult books, as well as dvds and cds and then, in a little room off the side, the children's books. The library is pretty good, it generally has what I want, or if it doesn't I can order it from another library and they hang on to it for me. It has a lot (but not all) of the Redwall books (not that it matters for me, I own them all anyway).

However, I'm moving house soon, so I'll have to find a new library to go to.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Ungatt Trunn

My Library dosn't have all of the Redwall books (They have only around 9 different ones), but I'm able to make Interlibaray Loans easly. If my Library doesn't have the book I'm lokking for, some other Library will have it, simple as that!

Buzz_Bumble

A quick count of the local libraries near-ish me comes to six, not including any school or university libraries.  :)

Eidt: Make that seven - I forgot one.