News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Libraries

Started by Redwaller, April 15, 2013, 08:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on April 27, 2013, 11:41:25 PM

There's a similar thing here in New Zealand. Over here the ambulance service is run by St John, which is a charity. Thanks to an idiotically hopeless Government >:(, people needing an ambulance are actually sent a bill afterwards to help recover some of the cost. Households can pay an annual membership fee, which gives them free ambulance service.
Now thats dumb >:(!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Maudie

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on April 27, 2013, 11:41:25 PM
Most people use the term "Library" to mean "Public Library", which is usually free or very cheap since it's paid for by public taxes, BUT there are also "Private Libraries" which you have to pay to be a member of.

Having said that, $88 could be quite cheap if it's only a one-off fee for a whole family.

Actually, our library isn't a private library so I don't think it should be that expensive. It's just that we don't live in the same city as the city that it is in so we have to pay a non resident fee. But some libraries much bigger than ours have much smaller fees.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Buzz_Bumble

Yep. A fee for "oustiders" can also apply in some places ... I'd forgotten that one. We used to have separate cards for each suburb's library, but they merged it into only one card years ago (books can also be returned to any branch, rather than the one they were borrowed from).

Maudie

Guys, my local library just recently had a book returned fifty years late. That copy of the book is now worth almost $300 and they said they may put it on display.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Now that's what I call a late fee.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ashleg