News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall's Legacy

Started by Sethorion, August 10, 2013, 11:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethorion

Redwall Survivor:
The Gears of Chaos

A young mouse (too young), Tael of Rumurik, stood alone in the dark.
    He waited for a long time, his ragged, nervous breath the only source warming the frigid, stale air. No fires or torches graced this forsaken place. His mentor had spent a King's ransom on a room that was barely fit for a raker, and this part of the facility was no better.
    Sand gritted between his paw and the hilt of his cheap rapier. He took a deep, steadying breathe. I am ready for this.
    A door creaked open behind Tael, but he didn't turn around.
    "They will call you in a moment, Tael," a flat, emotionless voice floated through the dark. "Sword-point up, elbows out, right paw back. Just stay in the circle this time. If you lose out there, it had better be because you died. You don't want to owe me what it cost to get you here."
    Owe you? As if I had chosen to come here, thought Tael.
    The murmur of a large crowd crept through the heavy double-doors. A brilliant slit of daylight glowed between the doors, but offered him no clear view of the grounds he was fighting on. He didn't care. He'd practiced in it every day for a year.
    Besides, the last fighter had died. Tael wasn't fond of watching the rakers cleaning the mess off the sand. He'd been forced to watch this act many times, so he could be tempted to the sight of blood.
    Realizing that his mentor was still present, Tael glanced over his shoulder. The haggard silhouette of a bent-over weasel was evident in the dark. Tael could feel him watching him.
    "What?" Tael snapped.
    The mentor didn't reply. Finally, the old creature closed the door.
    As the weasel's pawsteps faded down the corridor beyond, Tael was confronted by a strange feeling. He hated his mentor. Such an evil creature. And yet, after spending a year, and countless hours under his instruction, Tael found himself worried that he'd never see him again.

ooc-
    Hey-Hey!

My name is Sethorion and I represent the Redwall's Legacy site in an official capacity.

We are uniting some of the ROC sites by starting a Redwall Survivor contest. All details regarding the contest are on the page linked below.

http://www.redwallslegacy.com/forum/index.php?topic=2185.0

The contest lasts ten weeks, starting on Sept 22nd

Oliver Swiftstream

Hello! I am Shadow Flame, but for here, I will go by my OC squirrel's name, Oliver. For those who might have posted at the old version of LoRA, you might recognize me.

I come here from Legends of Redwall Abbey and Redwall's Legacy. I'm a long time member from both places, dating back to the beginning of 2007, in which I started my first Redwall style of role playing.

I would like to add to Seth's post and say we have a Plot underway. (not tied to the survivor contest) In which will be two parts. We're currently doing the first part now, while at the same time, one of the Admins and I, a regular mod, and current Champion of Redwall (with my Mouse OC) are working on the details for the second part of the plot.

We are very active and we usually will see 10+ people on at a time. Right now it's going a bit slow only because students are starting back with school and people are coming back from holiday vacations. Still, we have at least 5-6 on per day who are thinking of new ideas for RPs. I really do miss the times back in 2007 when we would have 20-30 people on at a time, making a few posts per day, and just hanging around and chatting in the Cbox.  I came here on my own time, lurking these forums for years, finally making an account to unite more people. xD

No one on the site told me to come here, I am just promoting on my own time while I browse the forums. I figured I might as well and see if anyone here would want to be in an active community, and to bring their character(s) over for some fun. :D

I'm hoping to see some old familiar faces come back, and to meet some new ones!