News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Long Patrol

Started by Log-a-Log, August 03, 2011, 08:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrrrr

Hon Rosie and Tarquin Woodsorrel, and Quartle and Porters
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Cornflower MM

. . . . I've never yet seen a hare I didn't like. ;) :P Of course, by now, that means I won't in teh series. I loved Tammo, for these reasons:
Quote from: Captain Tammo on November 26, 2011, 03:39:02 AM
Quote from: Plugg Firetail on November 26, 2011, 01:05:20 AM
I think Tammo is a bit overated. I mean come on, he's just a regular soldier out of thousands, leads a scouting party and fights in a battle. Then the book gives him the most credit.

The book doesn't give him most of the credit, it's just his story, so it's about him. The only significant thing that happened to him was Martin spoke to him in a dream and it said ask midge what to do. So it was Midge's plan, not Tammo's. So either Midge or Martin would get the credit for that whole idea of sneaking into the rapscallions camp. Also, the fact that he's just a regular soldier makes it that much more interesting and, if anything, makes it the opposite of overrated (whatever that word is). Think about it, he never used martins sword or killed the main villain. And he didn't become general of the long patrol after the book, just a simple, yet respectable rank of captain. So in conclusion, it was the story of a simple hare who joined the long patrol with no super powers or killing the main villain, but just his personal journey.

Those might not be the words I'd use, but those are my reasons.
That's not to say Tammo's my favorite - Because while I like him very much, he's not. My favorite hare is Major What'shis name, the one in Rakkety Tam.

LT Sandpaw

Mhhm Its a hard choice but I'll go with the two brothers from Lord Brocktree Southpaw and Bobweave.

Though Lieutenant Mario from the Long Patrol Had such a awesome name, he just needed to come up on some vermin and be like:

"Its'a me, Mario!"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Anyway, I like Brigadier Crumshaw the most.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Delthion

Same! I like all of the hares though. I really like the Brigadier and the traveling minstrel in Doomwyte.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.