News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Looking for some Sprite Art Buddies! :D (Also nice ta meetchya)

Started by NightThornFox, September 17, 2014, 12:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightThornFox

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 22, 2014, 09:19:51 PM
I would warn you now that double posting is frowned upon if you want to add to your past there is a shiny edit button at the bottom right corner of your post.  ;D

As for the skype I have been having problems with it. I would not be aloud to video chat with you anyway. Only text chat. For now you can just PM me instead till I get that fixed though if you would still prefer Skype.

Oh and here is a fox for you.

and the close up version

Wow, that looks awesome!! :D Also, yea, sorry about the double posting, I know most forums don't like that but I don't use forum-based websites a lot so i forget sometimes >.< I'll try not to do it anymore.
Anyways, with that, you're officially on the project! XD
Also, you don't have to voice-chat with me. I just use Skype as my primary Instant Messenger.
So yea, I can PM you for now, but if we end up working together regularly on this, using an instant messenger would be far more convenient for both of us :)

Faiyloe

Thanks I agree. I just need to see if I can get it fixed.  :P
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

CaptainRocktree

Quote from: NightThornFox on September 22, 2014, 05:02:22 PM
Quote from: CaptainRocktree on September 21, 2014, 05:46:03 PM
WOW This looks great!
Sadly I cant do anything but give moral support :P But I could create a Website for the game if you want (Im still a beginner at websites but Ill try!)
Also keep this safe from Lord TBT he will probably ruin your plans :P

Haha, i appreciate the offer, but I haven't even started making the game yet. I don't want to be too ambitious, because then I'll just end up disappointing myself. However, If i make a thread in the future looking for someone to help me make a website, feel free to offer your assistance :)
Ok cool! And this looks really great! But Will the game be 2-D?
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

NightThornFox

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on September 24, 2014, 03:30:32 AM
Ok cool! And this looks really great! But Will the game be 2-D?

Haha, yes, it will be 2D, that would be why I'm looking for "sprite" artists. Finding 3D modelers would be a lot more challenging XD that and making 3D games is phenomenally more difficult and time consuming.

The Skarzs

Not sure if this would qualify as sprite art, but here.

Maybe Martin's sword?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

NightThornFox

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 29, 2014, 04:20:53 PM
Not sure if this would qualify as sprite art, but here.

Maybe Martin's sword?

Well, you can see the pixels, so i guess so XD But I'm looking more for people who can do stuff like characters, environment objects, like, boulders, grass, trees, backgrounds, miscellaneous objects.

CaptainRocktree

Hmmm I could try my hand at it.... Sounds like fun XD.... Is there a good program to do it?
J.R.R Tolkien

NightThornFox

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on September 29, 2014, 11:56:49 PM
Hmmm I could try my hand at it.... Sounds like fun XD.... Is there a good program to do it?

Not really, it's just pixel art, so you could pretty much just use MSpaint if you wanted.

Faiyloe

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

CaptainRocktree

J.R.R Tolkien

NightThornFox

CaptainRocktree

Ok... So I have a windows 8 I searched for it but could not find it?
J.R.R Tolkien

NightThornFox

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on October 01, 2014, 01:32:08 AM
Ok... So I have a windows 8 I searched for it but could not find it?

Oof, sorry, you'll have to ask someone else, I hate windows 8 :X

CaptainRocktree

:D ha ha ok. there is a Paint program but it's not the best. Can you download it from windows directly on the web? Also is there a way to set it to make it sprite art? Thanks for your help!
J.R.R Tolkien

NightThornFox

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on October 01, 2014, 03:39:59 AM
:D ha ha ok. there is a Paint program but it's not the best. Can you download it from windows directly on the web? Also is there a way to set it to make it sprite art? Thanks for your help!

It's not really difficult, all you have to do is zoom way in and use the pencil tool.