The Guosim

Started by Redwall Musician, August 23, 2011, 03:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

Guosim, ahhh, they are interesting. I noticed we didn't have a topic about them. And I wanted to talk about them.
So do any of you have a favorite Log-a-Log? I think my favorite would have to be the first Log-a-Log in Redwall.
Also, in Lord Brocktree they refer to Log-a-Log Grenn as a girl. Is she the only girl Log-a-Log?
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Shellhound

I really liked the Log-a-log in Marlfox.
Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right.
The law of Badger Lords
Lord Brocktree

Log-a-Log

My favorite Log-a-log is the one in both Redwall and Mattimeo. I also like the one from the Long Patrol too.
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Janglur Swifteye

I liked Lohg-a-Log Grenn

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Wot aboat Log-a-log Dandy Cloggz?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Captain Tammo

I was never really a fan of the gousim. I always thought they were annoying, yet they were key to the success of the stories
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Captain Tammo on August 24, 2011, 01:15:40 AM
I was never really a fan of the gousim. I always thought they were annoying, yet they were key to the success of the stories

Aye, me neither. Juzt be glad they werenae pigmy zhrewz!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Dotti

Log-a-log Dandy Cloggs was cool!  I also like the Log-a-log in Rakkety Tam. :)  I don't like how the Guosim talk in the tv shows, though.  They seem a lot more annoying on tv than in the books.  I also don't like that they have about 3 outfits, and all of them wear one of the three outfits. :P
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Lutra

I assume we're speaking of Guosim the group, not Guosim the character.

As a group, I didn't find them as particularly necessary.  I always felt with otters in the stories, you had the natural water-animals already present to handle water travel.  Yeah, I smile when I hear "Logalogalogalogalog!" but as a group, I don't see how the shrews as a group, were much different than the Long Patrol or any other group of Redwallers.  The sense of difference with Guosim law (the pebble thing) was lost after the first few books.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Excuse me sah!

All the Log-A-Log have been great in all the books! :)

Tiria Wildlough

I like Log-a-log Grenn, and the Log-a-log in Marlfox. ;D
And, yeah, I think Grenn was the only female Log-a-log.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

I quite like Log-A-Log Big Club. It was really funny when he whacked that newt on the tail and it fell off!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Tiria Wildlough

Yeh, that was amusing. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Redwall Musician

Me and my siblings have contest to see who can shout log-a-log the best. So we sound like:

"Logalogalogalog....."

I like the two little Guosim in the Sable Queen.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."