News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Marvel (Comics, Movies, TV Shows)

Started by Søren, December 19, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

Quote from: Delthion on December 01, 2017, 04:29:10 AM
If Steve dies, I rejoice. Same with Bucky.
If Steve dies, you better not say a word.

I'm retired from the forum

Jukka the Sling

I wish I had the ability to dis-thank this post a thousand times.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Amber

How could you say something like that?!

The Skarzs

Quote from: Søren on December 01, 2017, 06:08:46 AM
If Steve dies, you better not say a word.
Not even team Iron Man agrees with you, Del.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

I'd rejoice if Steve died, but only because if he doesn't die I'd find that to be an immensely unsatisfying story.

Oh also.
Spoiler

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on August 13, 2017, 05:24:29 AM
Have y'all seen this Ragnarok pic?

I'm lowkey shippin' it.  (*gasp* A pun!)
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on November 12, 2017, 02:05:13 AM
Spoilers

... and Valkyrie was a really fascinating character.  (Still wish she and Loki had gotten together....)
[close]
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on August 16, 2017, 05:16:18 PM
I just think the whole slash fandom subculture is weird and out of control.

I dunno.  I guess I just think slash in general is kinda silly, 'cause 99% of the time these are canonically straight characters in canon relationships, and crazy fangirls decide to ship them with other guys just 'cause they think it's hawt.

Pick one. There's literally no reason to ship Loki and Valkyrie.
[close]
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

Yeah, having seen the movie, there was actually zero romantic tension in their relationship after all.  The photo, however, looks like it's of one of those typical fight scenes between characters who supposedly hate each other but are secretly madly attracted.  (Think Han and Leia at the beginning of ESB, only with sparring.)  I've also wanted to see for a while what Loki would be like if he was in love with someone.  So when that photo came out, I was excited at the prospect of Loki finally getting a love interest, and I still feel slightly let down by what actually happened. xD  Thorkyrie is a pretty good ship too, though.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Gonff the Mousethief

*Sigh* Still no Ant-Man nor Hawkeye...
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on March 16, 2018, 03:43:11 PM
*Sigh* Still no Ant-Man nor Hawkeye...
...I didn't actually notice that.  Which makes me feel stupid, 'cause I do like them both.

Jetthebinturong

Steve and Tony are both so dead and this trailer tells us that explicitly. Possibly Loki too. And while that's a little sad, I'm glad there are finally some proper stakes in these movies.

But who do you think will be the next Captain America? Bucky or Sam?

The Skarzs

I'm curious how they're going to be keeping it going after that. I mean, they can't just stop making content or they will have less income. (Obviously.) The movies have been extremely successful.
I guess Bucky would be best because he couldn't continue on as "Winter Soldier", and Sam is already Falcon. They would probably end up having to learn to work together, through the loss of their mutual friend.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

The old characters dying is precisely why they're introducing the new guard. Spidey, Strange, Scott, T'Challa, Marvel and others we've yet to see will take the reins of the franchise. And if the Fox deal goes through, they'll introduce X-Men and the Fantastic 4. There's no way these movies are ending any time soon. Personally I'm hoping that Doom will succeed Thanos as the next big bad. But Feige has said they won't introduce any Fox characters in Phase 4. So maybe Doom can be the big bad of Phase 5. Or maybe he'll last multiple phases like Thanos, but will be introduced after Phase 4.

Yeah I thought that too.

Lady Amber