News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Summer 2015 Fanfiction Awards

Started by Captain Tammo, July 30, 2015, 05:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhera

Congratulations, Cairn!

@Sage: Nominations are just the first part of the whittling down process Skarzs mentioned. All fan fictions were considered for every award they were eligible for, but that didn't necessarily mean they would get nominated. That's not to say a story not nominated for an award it was eligible for isn't well-written, but just that that category isn't where the fanfic really shines. Hope that helps :)

Captain Tammo

Closing Remarks

For the last time of that evening, Captain Tammo took the stage, his head held high and proud.

"Ladies, gentlemen, and creatures of all walks of life, I would like to thank you for participating in the Official Redwall Abbey Forum Fanfiction Awards. This is a project that was set in motion around two months ago, and I think I speak for everyone who worked behind the scenes when I say that we are very grateful for the kind support the competition has received.

It was a lot of work and a lot of fun to put this event together and honor the forum's existing works. While one purpose of this awards show was to bring attention to a few of the great stories that people have created, my primary goals when starting the competition's initiative was to encourage the reading and writing of Redwall (and castaways) fanfictions. I think that we have done a good job in accomplishing that.

Next, I would like to give a huge thank you and shoutout to my teammates, Mhera, Gonff the Mousethief, and The Skarzs. These guys have put in hours and hours of their precious time to read through each and every one of your fanfictions and put time into judging them all for every award. You guys rock, and this competition surely would have flopped had I not had you guys to help me keep things organized.

Lastly, I would like to give a suggestion to people who stumble across this topic. Give some of these Fanfictions a read-through. There is nothing a Fanfiction author loves more than signing on to the forum and finding that someone has left a kind review on their story. I would like to encourage you reading this to go pick a fanfiction-- any fanfiction, read through some or all of it, and leave a comment or send a PM saying "Hey, this was really great. Keep up the good work." You will be amazed at just how easily a simple gesture can make someone's day!

So with that, I will open the floor up for any questions that people may have, whether it be posted right after this message goes up, or it's a year down the road, we'd love to hear what you have to say!

There are currently plans to make this competition a bi-annual tradition on the forum, but that is a message for another time. Thanks for coming out, everyone, we hope that you had as much fun with this as we did!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Søren

Congratulations to everyone who was honored to win!

I'm retired from the forum

Darkenmal

You guys did a great job setting this up and going through with it. Well done!
"I closed my eyes, only to open them again. I did not know what to expect, but I was afraid of knowing the truth; the truth which my dreams have revealed..." - Swiftpaw, Lord of Salamandastron and the Defender of the Western Coast.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

How often does this happen? Once a year, twice a year?

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Groddil on November 19, 2015, 05:53:49 AM
How often does this happen? Once a year, twice a year?

This was the first run of the contest and it is scheduled to be a bi-annual event.

At the moment, the next ceremony is scheduled to kick off on February 1 and submissions will be accepted through most of January.

More details will come during and after the holiday season!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior