News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Horrifying

Quote from: mattimouse20 on July 19, 2012, 06:05:23 AM
There was a user named melody who was a member of this site. I have tried to look for her(not sure if she's male or female btw) but can't it always says guest next to but u don't know if she's logged out or if she deactivated her account. Please help!
If someone's name isn't a link and it says guest, it means they aren't a registered member, I believe. I can't say for sure, but it appears as though this forum used to allow guests to post using an alias without actually registering, but has since changed this (and probably for the best, since allowing that can be problematic). Someone else would have to confirm this, though.
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Tiria Wildlough

I'm pretty sure that if it says guest it means they deleted their account.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 19, 2012, 06:44:08 AM
I'm pretty sure that if it says guest it means they deleted their account.
Also possible. I know you can't post as a guest now, so a mod or member that's been around longer than I have would have to say whether it used to be possible? On other forums I've been on, that's usually how it looks when guests can post. Otherwise they've probably had their accounts deactivated somehow (deletion or banning).

(Hope no one minds speculation until a definitive answer's given. lol)
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Lutra

To my knowledge (Matthias can confirm it) no guests can post anymore.  You must register an account.  This is just an additional step to keep the forum safe from random spammers.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I can confirm. Former members (like Melody) have deleted their accounts, and thus made it appear as if they were a guest posting. Guests do not, nor have ever, had the ability to post.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Leatho Shellhound

On the member list some members are listed as Gagged where there would be Newbie, Jr. Member, Full Member, Sr. Member, Hero Member, Moderator, or Administrator?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Those are either spambots or trolls. Gagged is their member group, and as such they cannot post, but still view the board and log in. Most are actually hidden from the memberlist since they are not legitimate members, but newer ones are still viewable.
If a legitimate member is unruly and breaks the rules though, they may be gagged for a period of time-which will be decided upon via a case-by-case basis.

Leatho Shellhound

click the banner

mattimouse20

did melody explain her reason for leaving?
just wait until I make my daring escape!

Lutra

Quote from: mattimouse20 on July 19, 2012, 09:14:43 PM
did melody explain her reason for leaving?

If she did, it would be awfully rude to explain why.  She had her reasons and it was before I even became a mod.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Matthias720

To my knowledge, Melody never explained why she decided to leave.

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah. My guess would be that she just got mad at some of us, but it's not for me to say. ;)
Quick question: If a topic hasn't been posted in for more than 120 days, is it okay to bump it up? I was just feeling worried about this.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Leatho Shellhound

How do you make a poll where you can pick more than one?

click the banner

W0NWILL

And how do you delete a poll?

Taggerung_of_Redwall

@Tiria: If you have something meaningful to add and the topic is still relevant: Yes

@Leatho: There's a box for that on the poll creation page

@W0NWILL:
I believe only mods can. If you want a poll removed from one of your topics, message us.