Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

not to be rude but how come mods are the only ones that get to delete topics and polls?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

psybox

to prevent people from deleting topics for no purpose other than to make others angry.

Lutra

Quote from: psybox on July 23, 2012, 09:59:06 PM
to prevent people from deleting topics for no purpose other than to make others angry.

That's.....part of it.  There's more to it I won't go into detail over.  The "Dark Side" of running a forum. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 23, 2012, 09:33:55 PM
@Tiria: If you have something meaningful to add and the topic is still relevant: Yes

@Leatho: There's a box for that on the poll creation page

@W0NWILL:
I believe only mods can. If you want a poll removed from one of your topics, message us.

There was no box......I looked for it for about 5 minuts.....I think it has to do with the computer I am useing.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Okay, here's what I see:

What do you see?
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Redwaller

To do that you have to create a poll topic, not just a plain topic.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

For me, the creation pages are identical, minus the obvious presence of 'Subject' for a new poll topic. I checked though and that is true. Oddly.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 24, 2012, 03:30:40 AM
Okay, here's what I see:

What do you see?

Oh! On my computer (This is really my Mom's computer) I see every thing but  what I wrote below.

poll Options: Maximum votes  per user

Run the poll for       days.(leave blank for no limit)

Allow user to change vote.

click the banner

Lutra

That's unusual that you wouldn't see those options.  ???
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Leatho Shellhound

I know....oh well nothing can be done about it.

click the banner

Taggerung_of_Redwall

After testing, I've found that for all membergroups, creating a poll gives the same page, namely the one I posted here already with the addition of a 'Subject' bar.
However, adding an additional poll to a topic is different across membergroups. For instance, I get all the same options I would have had before under the G-Mod group, while the Member group has several less, as Leatho has outlined.
That should be amendable.

Rainshadow

I just have a few quick questions.  Well, two.  First of all, how do you put one of those spoiler hiding things where you have to click a button to use it?  And second, can you change the name of a topic?  If so, how?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

W0NWILL

I don't know about spoilers but you can change the name of a topic by going back to your first post and editing the topic where you would normally put the topic name.

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 25, 2012, 04:49:10 PM
  I just have a few quick questions.  Well, two.  First of all, how do you put one of those spoiler hiding things where you have to click a button to use it?  And second, can you change the name of a topic?  If so, how?

You can see how to do the spoiler box here http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=2417.0

click the banner