Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

When are we having another Awards contest?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

What do you mean awards contest?
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Rainshadow

I have a question:  I keep seeing all of these topics that were moved to "The Dark Forest."  What is The Dark Forest?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

W0NWILL

I'm not sure, but if I were to hazzard a guess, it's where the mods dump threads that they may not want to have around right at the moment, as well as where they might discuss forum stuff. Like the april fools prank.

Rainshadow

Thanks for your answer!  That does sound like a possibility for what it may be.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

I think it's the mod's secret hideout Lol
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Lutra on October 12, 2012, 11:36:14 AM
I think Tiria means this. I've been wondering the same for a while.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lutra

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 23, 2012, 02:07:25 AM
  I have a question:  I keep seeing all of these topics that were moved to "The Dark Forest."  What is The Dark Forest?

Its not quite our secret hideout (who'd want to be there :P) but that's where we move topics we don't want on the board.  So if you ever come across that, know that we moved it and there's no more discussion on it unless we bring the topic back out.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lutra

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on October 23, 2012, 09:03:33 AM

This was done very early when this forum was first created.  I have no idea of its current status.  Matthias?
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Matthias720

Quote from: Lutra on October 23, 2012, 11:39:01 AM
Quote from: DanielofRedwall on October 23, 2012, 09:03:33 AM

This was done very early when this forum was first created.  I have no idea of its current status.  Matthias?
To the best of my knowledge, that contest is currently indefinite hiatus. I would very much like to see it completed, but we cannot finish it without Lady Shael. :(

As Lutra said, it's the place where we put topics when we don't want them out for general use, but don't want to out and out delete. We don't place topics there lightly, but if we do, it's because we have a good reason.

Leatho Shellhound

What happened to Lady Shael, she hasen't been on for almost a year.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Matthias720

I believe she has had other commitments and has been unable to come back. That's why I was made an admin.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Lutra on October 23, 2012, 11:37:43 AM

Its not quite our secret hideout (who'd want to be there :P) but that's where we move topics we don't want on the board.  So if you ever come across that, know that we moved it and there's no more discussion on it unless we bring the topic back out.

Okay, thanks. :)

BrookSkimmer

I think we could run another awards contest. It just wouldn't be run by Lady Shael probably. That's a good thing to consider...

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on October 23, 2012, 05:33:48 PM
I think we could run another awards contest. It just wouldn't be run by Lady Shael probably. That's a good thing to consider...

Yes please do.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner