News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romsca

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 20, 2013, 07:20:28 PM
Do's anybody else know? Anywon?

Ungatt, I been on this forum since one month after this forum was made. The answer is nothing has been  seriouse enough to be taken to him!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 21, 2013, 12:56:17 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 20, 2013, 07:20:28 PM
Do's anybody else know? Anywon?

Ungatt, I been on this forum since one month after this forum was made. The answer is nothing has been  seriouse enough to be taken to him!
Then it looks like he has this job cut out for him :-\.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Leatho Shellhound

He dosen't have to doing any thing on the forum now.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Sorry if I sound like I'm asking alot of questions, but I have another one: how bad would something have to be to be taken to him?

Osu

If the site were hacked, I suppose that would constitute something serious. Although I daresay he'd notice that himself before one of the forum staff had to contact him, or anybody else who runs the redwallabbey website. As far as dealing with problem members goes -- trolls, spammers, and so on -- the forum staff has the control necessary to take care of any problems.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Ungatt Trunn

How bad would something that a member posted have to be taken to him?

Osu

There would be no need to take a problem with a member to him, because Matthias has the same forum position as he does -- the same ability to ban members and such.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Ungatt Trunn

If a member is gagged, is there ever a chance that they will ever be allowed on the Forum again?

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Yes. Most gags are likely to be temporary, and can be lifted after a period of time has elapsed (say, 24 hours or 48 hours or a week). We don't want to kick members off the forums if we don't have to. If they can cool down and we feel that they're capable of reforming their behavior, we'll ungag and work from there.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Romsca

Well Taggerung the Otter has been gagged since before I got on

Dannflower Reguba

He's had issues with people on the forum more than once, and a gagged person can still PM (He sent me one after he was gagged... I'll leave it at that), so if he wants to come back then he can contact a mod.

Going through the roster, you'll notice a LOT of gagged usernames that never really do anything.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Matthias720

A lot of gagged accounts are spambots that are only kept around to act as references for ban triggers that hold the majority of spam accounts at bay. As for actually members getting gagged or banned, the staff takes such action as a last ditch effort if a member is uncooperative. Several warnings are given before a gag or ban even comes near. If anyone is concerned about the prospect of being gagged, don't worry, you'll usually be told long before that happens if you are at risk of punishment. I know I would want to know if I was at risk of being gagged, so I try to treat everyone in a similar manner. That's simply fair treatment; nothing more, nothing less.

cregga rose eyes

Quote from: W0NWILL on February 18, 2013, 02:25:29 AM
No. The closest thing you could get is google docs.

What is  goole docs?
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

W0NWILL

It's a special document manager by google. It's called google drive now, but I always called it google docs. You create a document on it underneath your GMail account(if you have one) and you can access that document on anything with internet. Tablets, computers, etc. You can choose to share documents, meaning other people can view them and edit them. Google docs is a huge help when I'm co-writing Redwall fanfiction with a friend of mine, because we can both access and edit the docs from our computers.