Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

I tried tinypic but it said there was an error  ::) could someone give me a link to Imgur?
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ungatt Trunn

When I first joined this Forum, I was asked the question about what species Martin the Warrior was (A mouse, as I have always known). I awnsered the question right, but what happened when you awnser the question wrong?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on April 30, 2013, 11:23:41 PM
When I first joined this Forum, I was asked the question about what species Martin the Warrior was (A mouse, as I have always known). I awnsered the question right, but what happened when you awnser the question wrong?

You will be told you answered the question wrong and prompted to retry. It must be answered correctly to create an account. It's a security feature to prevent both bots and trolls from registering.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Maudie

Yes, I had to retry, even though I'm sure the answer I typed the first time was right. Maybe I misspelled it.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on May 01, 2013, 05:28:25 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on April 30, 2013, 11:23:41 PM

You will be told you answered the question wrong and prompted to retry. It must be answered correctly to create an account. It's a security feature to prevent both bots and trolls from registering.
But I've heard of a few times were a spambot was able to get an account on this Forum (take Galvin81, for example). How did they get past that question?

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I don't know when 'Galvin81' registered. The question was implemented only in late August of 2011. We were getting about 15-20 spambots registered per day before then.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Maudie

Galvan81 registered like a week ago. I didn't know it was a spambot, I was really confused as to why it got gagged before it even posted

DanielofRedwall

I was the one who gagged Galvan81. He had made on post, which was advertisement, so I deleted it and gagged him. That is why it shows as him not making a post.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Matthias720

To clarify; having a security question during the registration process does not completely remove the capability of spambots making an account successfully, but it does eliminate a lot of them. And while I could put a more difficult question in place to cut down the chances of spambots slipping through, I do not want any real people confounded by a difficult question and lose interest in joining the forum.

Rusvul

Perhaps ask in addition to Martin, like,  what, aside from badgers, has an army at Salamandastron. It's mentioned in nearly every book. Just a thought.

Leatho Shellhound

hmmm I don't remember having to answer any thing, The forum was most likely to new.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

I havn't been able to figure out how to see the order that all Members joined this Forum. How exacly do you do that?

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 06, 2013, 10:53:49 PM
I havn't been able to figure out how to see the order that all Members joined this Forum. How exacly do you do that?

just go to this link...http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;start=0
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on May 07, 2013, 02:07:04 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 06, 2013, 10:53:49 PM

just go to this link...http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;start=0
But how am I supposed to count my way all the way to my position?

Matthias720

You are member #1666, as indicated by the url of your profile, u=1666.