Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Matthias720 on May 07, 2013, 01:10:46 PM
You are member #1666, as indicated by the url of your profile, u=1666.
That cant be right, because right now it says that we have 1638 Members. So how can I be Member 1666?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 07, 2013, 09:45:08 PM
That cant be right, because right now it says that we have 1638 Members. So how can I be Member 1666?

Well, I don't know if this is correct or not, but my guess would be that you're the 1,666 member to join, but some of the members either deleted their accounts, were banned, or in some way their account was shut down.

EDIT:  I have a question.  What's everyone talking about with the "Changing news"?  I saw that the news looked different, but it doesn't change for me.  All it says is "Welcome to the Redwall Abbey forum!".
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

@Rainshadow: If you look at it long enough, it will change.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Rainshadow on May 07, 2013, 11:25:43 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 07, 2013, 09:45:08 PM

Well, I don't know if this is correct or not, but my guess would be that you're the 1,666 member to join, but some of the members either deleted their accounts, were banned, or in some way their account was shut down.

An account would be deleted that many times?

Tam and Martin

I was looking at the what the members are doing (hen you click who's online) and it says that Osu is looking at: "Nothing, or Nothing you can't see!" What is that?

P.S It didn't have a link lie the others either

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Osu

Quote from: Tam and Martin on May 12, 2013, 09:21:20 PM"Nothing, or Nothing you can't see!" What is that?
Mods and Admins can see areas of the forum users can't, such as the pages where we make new boards or edit existing ones, as well as our secret lair where we deviously plan our next April 1st prank, and so on. This is probably what's happening when you see that message. :)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Tam and Martin

Thank you!

Secret Lair? I wish I could see that!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

BrookSkimmer

Then it wouldn't be a secret now would it? ;)

Ungatt Trunn

I PM'ed DanielofRedwall when I first saw the "Nothing, or Nothing you can see..." thing on what Taggerung_of_Redwall was doing. He said pretty much what Osu said. I called it, " The Forbidden Board" ;D. Just ceriouse, but what is the interface like of "The Forbidden Board"?

Shandi

I didn't see this specifically in the FAQ or through the search engine and I can't be bothered to scroll through 37 pages of questions, but have you ever considered changing the user ranks (Newbie, Jr. Member, etc.) to something much more Redwally, like Dibbun, Abbeybeast, Warrior, etc.? The default ones, while effective, lack a distinct personal touch. Anyway, it's only a small cosmetic change, but those kinds of minor details can really spice up a website. :)

EDIT: Also, have you considered upgrading to SMF 2.0? I just did for my forums, and it's über shiny. I would recommend it, if you are considering it.

The latest Redwall survivor contest! Apps due May 31st!

Matthias720

While Redwall themed ranks have been suggested in the past, the staff feels that the current ones are sufficient. As for upgrading to SMF 2.0, I do not have the ability to do that, as I am not the one hosting the forum.

Redwaller

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 13, 2013, 10:29:23 PM
I PM'ed DanielofRedwall when I first saw the "Nothing, or Nothing you can see..." thing on what Taggerung_of_Redwall was doing. He said pretty much what Osu said. I called it, " The Forbidden Board" ;D. Just ceriouse, but what is the interface like of "The Forbidden Board"?
It's the Admin Board where they add boards, ranks, etc.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwaller on May 14, 2013, 09:28:16 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 13, 2013, 10:29:23 PM
It's the Admin Board where they add boards, ranks, etc.
I know that. I'm just ceriouse about the interface of that board.

DanielofRedwall

The hidden staff board has the same interface, it is just not viewable by members.
Received mostly negative reviews.