News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dotti

So sorry, I didn't explain myself well.   :-\   I guess I was actually thinking that it would help people who didn't know what spoilers were.  When I first saw it, I didn't know what a spoiler was and I thought "Beware Spoilers" was telling "Spoilers"  to beware, not people to beware of spoilers.   I thought that spoilers might be a group of people or some such that were being warned to watch out. I just thought that perhaps putting "Beware: spoilers"  wouldn't change the meaning at all, and would make it a bit less confusing to people unfamiliar with the term. So sorry for the confusion; I didn't explain what I was thinking well at all.  And like I said, this is incredibly minor.  It probably wasn't worth mentioning.  Sorry!  :-[
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Gonff

I didn't know what "Spoilers" were at first either. I wondered what it meant too. Changing it to "Beware: Spoilers" would probably be better if it was easy to do. But, it is not anything major, I figured it out after a while.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Log-a-Log

When are the Namedays going to be held? Is there a specific day or something
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Tiria Wildlough

I was just wondering, how does one become a guest who can post on this forum. (Don't worry, I'm not going to get another account, I just wondered. ;))
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Matthias720

@Lag-a-Log: Namedays are going to be held before the change of the normal season. The next one will probably be held sometime in December.

@Tiria: If someone joined the forum, made a post, and then deleted their account, the title "Guest" would appear under their username. Hope that clears things up. ^_^

Tiria Wildlough

Ohhh I get it. Thanks! :)
How do you make a word a link? ???
I'm not a hipster.

Matthias720

Well, it goes something like this:

If you were just posting a link, it would be written like this:
[url]http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php[/url]
which looks like this: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php.

But to make it look like this,
you have to write it like this:
[url=http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php]Your text here[/url]

Hope this helps. ^_^

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

First of all, congratulations, I haven't seen a spam topic in this forum for ages.

Now, I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but whenever I click on this site, our computer's virus detector/protector thing says it detected a virus on this site. Has this happened to anybody else, and if so, does anyone know what has caused it?
Received mostly negative reviews.

Redwall Musician

It happened to me. I just ignored the virus protector, and signed in anyways. It kept saying this was a virus giving site. Then later on I signed in again, and nothing. It went back to normal. I don't know what was up, but whatever it was, it didn't last very long (for me).
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Lutra

I'm getting warnings every time a page loads on this forum. I don't know why its happening.  Is there an ad or something trying to load from this site:

http://abrosiki.tk/i/st1  (don't click on it)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

DanielofRedwall

Received mostly negative reviews.

Coobreedan

My computer once said this site was malicious...
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

Funny, I've never gotten it. Weird. I wonder if it's because of some of the recent Spambot attacks?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Coobreedan

Quote from: Gonff on August 25, 2011, 01:30:04 AM
I didn't know what "Spoilers" were at first either. I wondered what it meant too. Changing it to "Beware: Spoilers" would probably be better if it was easy to do. But, it is not anything major, I figured it out after a while.

I thought they were those things on the back on cool cars a couple of years back. That's how many things were ruined.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.