News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shade

If I was to make a link to my PMs, would another member be able to access them?
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lily

Quote from: The Shade on December 08, 2013, 08:58:27 PM
If I was to make a link to my PMs, would another member be able to access them?
As far as I know, they'd just be redirected to their own PM inbox.

Quote from: danflorreguba on December 04, 2013, 05:21:14 PM
Could you add that to the FAQ thread please?
Done. :)

rachel25

I tried to hide my email address, but when I pressed the change profile button a message came up saying "For security reasons your current password is required to make changes to your account."
I don't know what that means, and I want to hide my email, but I don't want to select ok on this message thing.
HELP!!!!

Jukka the Sling

Don't worry, I looked at your profile, and your email address already is hidden. So ya don't need to hide it.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ungatt Trunn

Hey, why is it that the page "Who's Online" says that a Guest is posting in a topic? That's not possible if your a guest!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Jukka the Sling

Oh yeah, last week I noticed that happen too! Freaky, right?

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 12, 2013, 11:06:23 PM
Oh yeah, last week I noticed that happen too! Freaky, right?
Yea! I guess the guests are REALLY taking over! Do any of you Mods have an answer?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Matthias720

I don't know for sure, but the most likely answer is that someone was trying to post after being automatically logged off. Unless the "Always stay logged in" checkbox has been checked, you are automatically logged off after a certain period of time.

Leatho Shellhound

It might have been me, although I have the "Always stay logged in" checkbox checked, I some times have multiple tabs of the forum open. It doesn't know where to locate me so it just says it's a "Guest" posting.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tam and Martin

I've done that sometimes too. I am in the middle of a long post and then it says that you can not post because you have been logged out.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

doogy plum

I have 2 Questions 1= Why is it bad to "double post?" 2=what is spam

Osu

There is no reason to double post when it is possible to edit your post and add information to it. Double posting in the sense of spamming is something largely only spammers do, or members who just want to up their post count. It is, of course, allowed in some cases, such as reviving an old topic with relevant information.

SPAM stands for Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

BrookSkimmer

Just a reminder that this board is for questions and answers. There should not be posts on this board with simple replies like "thanks" or "I get it now.". Posts like that will be deleted. If you want to respond to an answer with a simple statement, do so by PM.   ;)

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Osu on December 14, 2013, 10:30:06 PM
There is no reason to double post when it is possible to edit your post and add information to it. Double posting in the sense of spamming is something largely only spammers do, or members who just want to up their post count. It is, of course, allowed in some cases, such as reviving an old topic with relevant information.

SPAM stands for Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages.

On double posting, last I heard it was also more common in the fan works section as a way for the artists and writers to notify everyone of updates or new work.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This