News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

I'll try to take a look at those; thanks! :)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

When someone makes a new post, there is a little blue blurb on the side of the topic that says 'new' if there is a new post. Well, if you were to make a post and someone viewed so the blurb wasn't there, then the person who posted modifies his post, would the blue blurb reappear?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

W0NWILL

It's worded a little oddly, but if you're saying what I think you're saying, yes. I've seen it happen. The new tag reappears after a post is edited.

Osu

I've seen it happen as well, I think it only occurs when the OP is significantly edited... but I couldn't say for sure. Matthias would probably know.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: W0NWILL on March 09, 2014, 10:13:56 PM
It's worded a little oddly, but if you're saying what I think you're saying, yes. I've seen it happen. The new tag reappears after a post is edited.
I couldn't find a really good way to word it.....Sorry......

Jetthebinturong

A couple of pages back someone was asking about awards (I'm assuming those are those little white squares with symbols in them that some people have put in their signatures) my question is what are the awards for? How does one get them? (I'm not trying to get one as I honestly don't do that kind of thing but I am curious)
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Gonff the Mousethief

I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on March 16, 2014, 12:10:35 AM
A couple of pages back someone was asking about awards (I'm assuming those are those little white squares with symbols in them that some people have put in their signatures) my question is what are the awards for? How does one get them? (I'm not trying to get one as I honestly don't do that kind of thing but I am curious)

One more thing to add here, it's not (at least as I've seen) something that is so much sought after as something that is noticed in certain members of the forum.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lutra

I don't believe editing posts will make the blurb blue to indicate anything has changed.  Only new replies do.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Lutra on March 29, 2014, 01:34:10 PM
I don't believe editing posts will make the blurb blue to indicate anything has changed.  Only new replies do.
That's what I thought too. The reason I asked this question was because of my Fan fic I'm writing. It is rather lengthy and I don't want it to count for my post count but I still want people to see something new was added.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Vell ye could alvayz double-pozt if tiz yer ovn topic tae let ozerz ken tiz been updated. Azzumin' zat zat'z major viz ze moderatorz.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Lily

From the rules:

Quote1.  Double posting (posting two times in a row in the same topic) is strongly discouraged in most cases.  If you wish to add information, edit your original post.  The exceptions to this rule are: if the topic starter wishes to add information which would go unnoticed with an edit, or if a topic had been unused for a long time, and you wish to revive it, then you may double post.

I think in this case that it's OK to double-post. Enjoy writing!

Dannflower Reguba

I'd like to add that double posting in a fanfic thread, or even the art threads in general, is quite common since you are showing people something visually and not necessarily trying to spawn a discussion (I know most prefer some feedback, but even that doesn't always happen between projects).

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Dannflower Reguba

This is another instance where a double post is okay (I think).

My username is showing up in the users online section twice. Does anyone know why this is? It's got me confused and slightly worried.

MODS: You can combine my posts, just wanted to make sure that the board got a new sign on it.

EDIT: Never mind, it went away.  :-[

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Lily on April 03, 2014, 02:03:32 AM
From the rules:

Quote1.  Double posting (posting two times in a row in the same topic) is strongly discouraged in most cases.  If you wish to add information, edit your original post.  The exceptions to this rule are: if the topic starter wishes to add information which would go unnoticed with an edit, or if a topic had been unused for a long time, and you wish to revive it, then you may double post.

I think in this case that it's OK to double-post. Enjoy writing!
Alright thanks!