Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shade

Well, I only have to wait an hour.  :P I don't know why it's different to you.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Dannflower Reguba

Did the site discontinue it's hosting of YouTube videos? Because any time I try to code a video into my posts and preview it, the preview has a "Invalid YouTube link" error message inside hash-tags.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

I haven't noticed because of the security program on this computer blocking most of the stuff. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

You people send too many PMs. I've never sent more than ten in an hour- And I'm not even sure about that.  :P

Tam and Martin

What can I say, I like to talk  ;D :P

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

The Skarzs

How do you change the link name without destroying the link?
I mean like turning a huge link of letters and symbols, make it look like the word "Me" and still have it operate as a link?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

[url=RAW LINK GOES HERE]Text you want to display[/url]

Hope this helps!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

I must test.

EDIT: It worked! Thank you.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lily

Quote from: danflorreguba on May 12, 2014, 06:18:56 PM
     Did the site discontinue it's hosting of YouTube videos? Because any time I try to code a video into my posts and preview it, the preview has a "Invalid YouTube link" error message inside hash-tags.
I guess you're talking about this post?
The tags won't recognise a link like the one you used, you have to use a properly formed youtube link. It should look like this:
[youtube]BFUHrXfuNU4[/youtube]

Nice song, by the way. :)

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Lily on May 15, 2014, 08:22:05 AM
Quote from: danflorreguba on May 12, 2014, 06:18:56 PM
I guess you're talking about this post?
The tags won't recognise a link like the one you used, you have to use a properly formed youtube link. It should look like this:
[youtube]BFUHrXfuNU4[/youtube]

Nice song, by the way. :)

Thanks.

That's exactly how I did it (straight from the URL) the first time. It still says invalid youtube link when I try it that way. The reason I've got the funky link version is because I tried using the link in the share section of the video and never re-copied the URL.

Disregard previous statement, I figured it out. The problem was that the link won't work with https, the "s" had to be taken out. Not sure why the "s" would stop the link from working, it just means "secure" right?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Jukka the Sling

For some reason guests seem to view this topic a lot. I've noticed it many times. In fact, there's 6 guests viewing it right now. Does anyone have any idea why?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

W0NWILL

*Logs off and goes to that topic*

I don't know. I suppose just 'cause. There probably isn't an underlying reason.

Jukka the Sling

It seems like a magnet for guests. Weird, 'cause it's just an old OOC discussion that was last posted in in November. Nothing particularly special about it. And yet I frequently see several guests viewing it. There's four of them right now. Odd.

Cornflower MM

I know, Jukka! There's always at least one Guest viewing when I see How's Online.  :-\
Now, for my question:
Edraithel made a character our of her Character Maker. I want to put in my profile Picture, but I figure out how. Any ideas, anyone?