Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

How are you trying to get it in your profile pic?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on May 17, 2014, 02:34:08 PM
For some reason guests seem to view this topic a lot. I've noticed it many times. In fact, there's 6 guests viewing it right now. Does anyone have any idea why?
(For the record, there is no guest viewing it at the moment)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Dan, I hit "Copy Image Location" and I put that in the "I have my own picture" thing.

Jetthebinturong

Did you make sure the blue dot was in that section? If you did, did you click the save button?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

Quote from: Cornflower MM on May 19, 2014, 06:38:06 PM
Dan, I hit "Copy Image Location" and I put that in the "I have my own picture" thing.
I'd suggest downloading the image, cropping it as nescessary, and uploading it directly. That would be much easier.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on May 19, 2014, 08:40:59 PM
Did you make sure the blue dot was in that section? If you did, did you click the save button?
Blue dot....??

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on May 20, 2014, 06:55:13 PM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on May 19, 2014, 06:38:06 PM
I'd suggest downloading the image, cropping it as nescessary, and uploading it directly. That would be much easier.
Huh? Can you explain in plain English, not You-have-to-be-a-rocket-scientest-to-understand-English?

Osu

Cornflower:
Another method you could use would be to 'copy image location' as you did earlier and: go to imgur.com. In the top right hand corner there is a heading that says 'upload images.' Click the button that says 'web' directly below the heading and paste the image URL into the dialogue box that pops up. Then hit 'start upload,' and the website will give you a new set of links down the right side of your screen: ignore those and just click the image. When your image is the only thing on your screen, copy what's in the URL bar and use that link for this forum's 'I have my own pic' box.

If that doesn't work for any reason: are you running Windows or are you on a Mac?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Cornflower MM

Okay, I did that Osu. Only, I had to resort to good ole "Copy Image Location" Well, it still did not work. It's running Windows XP.

Osu

Have you tried saving the image and then uploading it? (That is, right click + 'save image as' and then upload it to your profile.)

Lily

Cornflower, this is the picture you want to use, right? Is this: http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q545/wistra101/CornflowerMMssquirrel_zpsb6091b69.jpg the exact URL you're copying into the "I have my own pic" field?

Just a note, that image doesn't scale very well. You might want to try this cropped version: http://i59.tinypic.com/5nrfp4.jpg

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Lily on May 21, 2014, 04:30:55 AM
Cornflower, this is the picture you want to use, right? Is this: http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q545/wistra101/CornflowerMMssquirrel_zpsb6091b69.jpg the exact URL you're copying into the "I have my own pic" field?

Just a note, that image doesn't scale very well. You might want to try this cropped version: http://i59.tinypic.com/5nrfp4.jpg

QuoteCornflower, this is the picture you want to use, right?
Yes, that is the one that I want to use.

QuoteIs this: http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q545/wistra101/CornflowerMMssquirrel_zpsb6091b69.jpg the exact URL you're copying into the "I have my own pic" field?
Yes again, that's the one, Lily!

Quote from: Osu on May 20, 2014, 09:48:12 PM
Have you tried saving the image and then uploading it? (That is, right click + 'save image as' and then upload it to your profile.)
Er, no, Osu.
I'll try the cropped version, and uploading it! Thanks, guys!

Dannflower Reguba

I was wondering, where are all the mods? I know Osu's been around a bit, and Lily just helped out Cornflower. But I haven't been seeing you guys around much for quite awhile now. Especially Brook, she's usually quite active.

???
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

I think some are still in college, maybe. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Osu

I'm sure there are some coming up on final exams about this time, like Skarzs said, and don't have much time to do anything beyond popping on and off for mod duties. c: They're here, just not participating in forum conversations as much.

Matthias720

I cannot speak for any of the other staff members, but I have had a hectic Spring semester. It has kept me from being able to be on as much as I would like to be, but I have been around, lurking in a dusty corner broom closet. :)