Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Why can you only send 20 PMs per hour?

James Gryphon

Well, if there were no restrictions, then trolls or spammers could flood people's PM boxes. Besides, it's really intended to be more like e-mail, rather than a chat service or instant messenger.
« Subject to editing »

Rusvul

If you're running into that limit a lot, I would suggest something like Skype, even if you never voice/video chat. It's more like textif someone and less like sending an email.

Cornflower MM

I don't have a Skype. I'm not allowed to really chat with anything other than the PMs here, and my email.

The Skarzs

Quote from: James Gryphon on June 27, 2014, 09:03:56 PM
Well, if there were no restrictions, then trolls or spammers could flood people's PM boxes. Besides, it's really intended to be more like e-mail, rather than a chat service or instant messenger.
What about cave trolls of my species?
(Sorry, I'm feeling a bit silly right now)

Is there a way the mods block or remove spammers?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Matthias720

Yes, but by putting simple restrictions in place, we can weed out many more, keeping the forum a bit cleaner and tidier.

Cornflower MM

There are several inactive people with a birthday today, and their all turning 38.....Are they spammers, or something? Because that hap[pens a lot.

Jukka the Sling

Yeah, I'd say they're probably spammers.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 07, 2014, 06:00:05 PM
There are several inactive people with a birthday today, and their all turning 38.....Are they spammers, or something? Because that hap[pens a lot.

Yes, they're spammers
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

I asked a similar question about that. :P

Question: Why are 'whatshisname' and 'whatshername' words on here, and 'Redwall' not? Or am I just really, really dense?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Whatshisname and Whatshername are more commonly used. That's my theory, as my Spell Check (If I didn't have one, then you'd notice the difference. It's big) says Redwall isn't, but the other two are. :-\ ???

The Skarzs

There is a way of adding words to a site's dictionary, I just wasn't sure if this had it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

My Spell Check does......I don't know bout here, as I rarely use its Spell Check.

Tam and Martin

How do I post a screenshot onto the forum?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000