Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

I am on a computer using Goggle chrome and windows 7.    It is weird because sometimes it works and I am a hundred percent positive that I am getting it right... Would symbols like ~=-+(&# etc...  make it have a problem?
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

BadgerLordFiredrake

What does the flash tag thingy do?  (quote this post to see the tags)

//
baby turtle forever

Faiyloe

Quote from: BadgerLordFiredrake on August 10, 2014, 08:03:26 PM
What does the flash tag thingy do?  (quote this post to see the tags)

//

... Um do to what? right now it says 200,200.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rusvul

I think it might be for embedding a flash thing... But I'm not sure, that just seems logical.

Lily

The flash tags are indeed for embedding a flash object, but since embedding has been disabled on this forum all the tags will do is show a link to a flash object like this:

[flash=200,200]http://www.marioflash.org/mario-flash.swf[/flash]
http://www.marioflash.org/mario-flash.swf

Vilu Daskar

How do you put a picture in your post?
Do you do it like this?
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Tam and Martin

First, You first find a picture you like. Then you right click on it and look for something that says "Properties". You click on that. Then once you click on it, there will be another thing that pops up that gives you the properties of the picture. You will copy the URL of the picture you want and keep it.

Then you will come to the forum, start your post and click this button () which is your image tags, and it should appear like this (except with no spaces):

[ i m g ][ / i m g]

Then you will paste the URL of the picture in between the image tags. After that, you have to click preview button (which is right next to the post button) before you post it and once you post it, the picture should appear.

Hope that helped.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Jasper

Hello! My question is relating to my Avatar / Profile picture. It seems to be rather small at the moment, and being somewhat slow with computers, I don't know how to make it bigger. If anyone could let me know how I can edit it to the max size that would be great.

The Skarzs

I'm pretty sure there's a way to change the size if you're using a link for your pic. In the long line of numbers and letters, there should be some numbers specifying the amount of pixels it has. Just edit that to the size you want, and you'll be good. However, if you have it too large, it won't show; there's a limit to pic size.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jasper

Unfortunately, I'm not using a link in this case. I've uploaded this image from my computer.

The Skarzs

I see; you should be able to edit it, then. That's what I had to do with mine.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jasper

odd, it looks as though while I was logged off the avatar automatically adjusted to the correct size  ;D

Thanks for the help anyways Skarz

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.